All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Changing your Signature

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

Hi,

I've had the same signature ever since high school (9 years ago) and to be honest it just looks like a scribble – Ideally I'd like to have a signature that appears more professional, but I'm not quite sure about what the laws are with respect to changing your signature

Has anyone had much experience with changing their signatures?

Do you need to register your new signature somewhere?

What happens to contracts signed with your old signature?

If you can share your experience and knowledge with respect to changing signatures that would greatly be appreciated! smiley

Thanks,

Kong

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Most signatures evolve over time.

There is no register of signatures and you could change yours at any time. This doesn't affect any contracts entered into as you would still be the same person – generally speaking.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

You have a good point there

I have noticed a lot of people's signatures are not always exactly the same

And over many years may look significantly different from the initial signature

Thanks for the clarification smiley

Profile photo of micheaelsteynmicheaelsteyn
    @micheaelsteyn

In banks and some registry documents the old signatures are verified so you have to submit an application stating that you are changing signature officially..this is as per my knowledge

Profile photo of RyanJDRyanJD
    @ryanjd

With the hundreds of times I've signed my name I don't think one has been the same. If you change your signature I would suggest you update your bank, license cards just incase someone checked them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.