All Topics / Help Needed! / Too late to invest in Bowen?

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of businessglobalbusinessglobal
    Participant
    @businessglobal

I am based in Bowen now and just opened up the new Century 21 Office in the town.

I have been working and investing in the town the last 4 years and have built quite few house and land packages, villas and have 5 furnished rentals in the town I set up and they are running at 100% occupancy and rented to large resources companies on long term leases.

Yes there are good opportunities in the town and some major announcements have came through the last few days re GVK and ABBOTT POINT.

The large companies and overseas companies are not on short term strategies they are on 5-10- 15 year plans and powering ahead and have sent senior managers in on 2- 3 year leases and job contracts to get things up and going.

From an agents point of view the market is a buyers market, days on market is averaging 80- 130 days, a lot of choice and at the moment a lot of vacancy for the older homes, or homes that do not have good aircond, security screens, kitchen or bathrooms. Tenants from interstate that are paying the good money are looking for quality in their rentals. The smart investors that are taking a little bit of time and effort with their properties are getting very good tenants and long term leases. Tenants are looking for – good aircond, fans, decent window coverings, nice kitchens, security screens, good locations, close to the beach and schools.

I believe and can see a lot of opportunities in Bowen, Prosepine, Cannonvale, Airlie and now it is a buyers market and the prices are reasonable.

Kylie

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.