All Topics / Overseas Deals / Why we charge our clients for Property Managment and the services that comes along with that..?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey All I decided to show why we charge and what you should be looking for in a management company. Now every one is  bit different. This was a email sent out from our Property manger to an client in Australia looking for more information..

This was the question from the Investor who sent this email below..

Alex,

I'm interested in Atlanta and Charlotte. I'm trying to organize a trip to US early next year and would like some info about your business or contacts in relation to realestate. Being in australia the property management is the most important issue for me, please send me some info and I'll have a look.

thanks

So here is what she sent and now you know why we charge for the service

My name is Cherry Stegall, I work for Alex Franks.  I handle the Property Management Department for him. 

This is the way we handle our property management in the Charlotte area. 
    • A Property Management Agreement is created and signed by both the owner and the property manager.  
    • A property folder is created for the owners records…this folder will be a mirrored image of our folder here at the office, it will include a copy of the lease, rental application with all necessary documents.  Any paperwork that is sent to the owner, we recommend they put it in their folder. 
    • If the property is vacant, I put the property on our available property list, we run ads in the local news paper as well put it on our website.
    • Our Inspector goes to the property to inspect it to make sure it is in rent ready condition. If not, a detailed list will be sent to the owner for their approval of work along with the cost. Once the monies have been sent, the repairs are then completed and the property is then inspected.  Before and after photos are sent to the owner for their records.
    • If the property is occupied, I send the tenant a letter stating that we are now managing the property and that they need to sign a new lease with us.
    • If the property is vacant, and a tenant has been approved to occupy the property, we receive a deposit for the property, this amount is 1 month's rent, we then send the deposit to the owner of the property to hold in trust.  
    • Our inspector and myself will meet the tenant at the property to do a detailed move in inspection, the inspector, tenant, and property manager will all sign the inspection form, this same inspection form is also used for the move out inspection.
    • Once the inspection is completed, the lease is then completed and signed.  At this time, we receive the 1st month's rent. The tenant is then given our tenant handbook. 
    • Our rent is due on the 1st of each month and considered late on the 3rd. If the tenant is late, they then pay a late fee of 10% of their monthly rent, the late fee is kept by the management company. If the tenant is not here by 5:00pm on the 5th, we file the eviction papers with the local Magistrates office.  This is at no cost to the owner of the property.
    • Rent payments are paid to the owner's on the 15th and the 30th of each month.  If the date fall on a holiday or a weekend, it is paid on the next business date.
    • We do quarterly inspections on each property, these inspections are videoed which is also sent to the owner.  This ensures that the property is being taken care of. ( very time consuming and man hrs involved) Yes we manage over 100 properties and will be breaking 200 soon….

I have attached Carolina Liquidator's Property Management Agreement, Tenant Handbook, Blank Lease, and our Turn Key Investing Under $85,000 for your review.  I did not attach any of these  documents as then it would be advertising .If you would like a copy to review send me a email. I will make sure and send you the forms we use …

Ritan Property Group In Atlanta, GA manages our properties in Georgia, I have attached their Management Agreement and sample lease as well for your review.  Same thing did not attach anything as this would be considered advertising ..

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Email for any questions

Thanks
    Alex

[email protected]

Profile photo of ed01ed01
    @ed01

Hi Alex,

My brother and I are looking to invest in the US property market, probably later this year, in the meantime I am researching everything I can.

My question to you is, do you identify property for an investor, or does that fall solely on the investor?

Thanks,

Ed

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    ed01 wrote:
    Hi Alex, My brother and I are looking to invest in the US property market, probably later this year, in the meantime I am researching everything I can. My question to you is, do you identify property for an investor, or does that fall solely on the investor? Thanks, Ed

Ed it really depends some investors buy investment properties for cash flow. Some of our clients come to us to build a real estate portfolio. Which then we put together a package based on their financial goals.

Thanks for the question..

Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.