All Topics / Overseas Deals / Funny Story…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes

I get a call from one of my tenants at 3:17am on Christmas morning, so of course I’m thinking the absolute worst here.

She tells me that someone tried to break in by kicking the front door in. So of course I ask her if everyone is alright, and her response was “We are fine, he’s not”. She tells me that she heard someone at the door, and grabbed a baseball bat, and met him coming through the door. She tells me there is significant blood on the wall and carpet. So of course I ask her does she need me to wake up my maintenance man and get the door secured, she says no it will be fine until later on that morning.

As it turns out, this guy was not trying to break in to steal things, he had been out partying and simply went to the wrong house. He lives about 3 doors down, and could not figure out why his key was not working. He was not arrested, as the police confirmed his story and he to say the least, was very embarrassed by the whole scenario.

He is paying for all the repairs and carpet cleaning, which I am grateful that I don’t have to take him to court. He actually is a pretty nice guy, I went over and talked to him, and he must of apologized about 20 times.

I got a pretty good laugh out of this, which I needed after nearly having a heart attack with a 3AM call….

John

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    GreaterKCHomes wrote:
    I get a call from one of my tenants at 3:17am on Christmas morning, so of course I'm thinking the absolute worst here. She tells me that someone tried to break in by kicking the front door in. So of course I ask her if everyone is alright, and her response was "We are fine, he's not". She tells me that she heard someone at the door, and grabbed a baseball bat, and met him coming through the door. She tells me there is significant blood on the wall and carpet. So of course I ask her does she need me to wake up my maintenance man and get the door secured, she says no it will be fine until later on that morning. As it turns out, this guy was not trying to break in to steal things, he had been out partying and simply went to the wrong house. He lives about 3 doors down, and could not figure out why his key was not working. He was not arrested, as the police confirmed his story and he to say the least, was very embarrassed by the whole scenario. He is paying for all the repairs and carpet cleaning, which I am grateful that I don't have to take him to court. He actually is a pretty nice guy, I went over and talked to him, and he must of apologized about 20 times. I got a pretty good laugh out of this, which I needed after nearly having a heart attack with a 3AM call…. John

John 24 hr answering service with a phone that goes directly to our take home cell phone. Helps those 3 am calls. No worries I got  a call a while back.Yes all tenants get my number( for emergency purposes ( I am braver then most) .Tenant was drunk in her living room, Texting me . She could not find her keys , and could not lock her door. Yes she was in her house and could not find her keys because she left them in the door. Me being a fool decided to go and help her out and find the keys.

So yes all in all always good laughs in this business but also alot of stress with management

Lets Chat today want to ask a question about the peak guys

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of jbrogzjbrogz
    @jbrogz

So it seems Santa doesnt come through the chimney anymore. Haha

Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes
    jbrogz wrote:

So it seems Santa doesnt come through the chimney anymore. Haha

Apparently not!

Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes
    Alex SC wrote:
    GreaterKCHomes wrote:
    I get a call from one of my tenants at 3:17am on Christmas morning, so of course I'm thinking the absolute worst here. She tells me that someone tried to break in by kicking the front door in. So of course I ask her if everyone is alright, and her response was "We are fine, he's not". She tells me that she heard someone at the door, and grabbed a baseball bat, and met him coming through the door. She tells me there is significant blood on the wall and carpet. So of course I ask her does she need me to wake up my maintenance man and get the door secured, she says no it will be fine until later on that morning. As it turns out, this guy was not trying to break in to steal things, he had been out partying and simply went to the wrong house. He lives about 3 doors down, and could not figure out why his key was not working. He was not arrested, as the police confirmed his story and he to say the least, was very embarrassed by the whole scenario. He is paying for all the repairs and carpet cleaning, which I am grateful that I don't have to take him to court. He actually is a pretty nice guy, I went over and talked to him, and he must of apologized about 20 times. I got a pretty good laugh out of this, which I needed after nearly having a heart attack with a 3AM call…. John

John 24 hr answering service with a phone that goes directly to our take home cell phone. Helps those 3 am calls. No worries I got  a call a while back.Yes all tenants get my number( for emergency purposes ( I am braver then most) .Tenant was drunk in her living room, Texting me . She could not find her keys , and could not lock her door. Yes she was in her house and could not find her keys because she left them in the door. Me being a fool decided to go and help her out and find the keys.

So yes all in all always good laughs in this business but also alot of stress with management

Lets Chat today want to ask a question about the peak guys

Thanks
    Alex

i hear you..i really do not get alot of these calls, this is probably the 1st one in 6 months at least.
    I have to say though, have never been drunk texted from a tenant, guess it will happen some day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.