All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice on looking for a property to Subdivide

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Or, in simpler terms, a carriageway easement allows for part of the land to be used for access to the property. So, all or part of that land within the easement will "belong" to one title, but be accessible by the other landholders.

Profile photo of ananddanandd
    Participant
    @anandd

Thanks guys.
    I have had discussions with various architects/ draftsperson and it appears that the only way I can build at the back of an existing dwelling is by using a common driveway.

So how do I go about this "carriageway easement "? Something arranged via the Land surveyors?

Would it be a preferred options for buyers as oppose to buying under a body corporate arrangement?

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Anandd,

Whoever designs the subdivision can arrange the common property or carriageway easement. This can be either the surveyors, architects, designers or a combination of the above. I mostly see it done after the design of the new dwelling is completed and we know the position of the house and fences according to title (re-establishment of title survey). This is coming from the survey perspective though and there’s always more than one way to do these things.

Cheers

Profile photo of ananddanandd
    Participant
    @anandd

Thanks Ashley.
    Appreciate your explaination. 

I suppose I need to discuss this issue with the architect I'm thinking of employing for my project.

Profile photo of jasedc5rjasedc5r
    Participant
    @jasedc5r

Hi,

Hope you guys can help.

ATM I'm organising my finance to purchase this IP with plans in the future to subdivde and build 2 town houses. I'm currently still trying to get grips on how trust will work for me.

My questions is, should I purchase the IP under our own names and if later on I decide to set up trust, I can subdivide the block and transfer the titles to the trust? Or would it be smarter to set up the trust now and purchase this property on the trust?

Thanks in advance guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.