All Topics / Help Needed! / Cash flow application

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of DHCPDHCP
    @dhcp

Hi All,

After reading 10 real estate property books which include the most critical part of "crunching" the numbers.

I know there are a lot of cash flow program for investment property in the market but now sure which one suitable for me.

I'm looking for a "cash flow" program that can be purchase online or free to download that is not too cumbersome for a novice property investor like me. In addition, the cash flow program should be suitable for property producing cash flow or negatively geared investment property.

Or, if you currently using one that has worked for you well in the past, even now, which enables you to make the right decision on the property before you made your an offer.

Appreciate any recommendation.

Regards, Leo

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Just do your own in excel. That way you learn more as well.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of EPI_DenEPI_Den
    @epi_den

Hey Leo,

I tried a few products but ended up just making my own spreadsheet. As Terry says, it was a great opportunity to learn too.

I made sure I considered the following:

• purchase price
    • interest rate (and I ensured I inflated it a bit for safety)
    • loan value
    • expected rent
    • management fees
    • other costs (water, rates, body corp etc)
    • any costs associated with the loan, including set-up fees and ongoing fees
    • stamp duty and other purchasing charges (which can vary from state to state)
    • depreciation (and build year)
    • insurance

My spreadsheet is a bit of a work in progress still (and I have ten properties) but I'm very happy with it. Kaz and I are developing some software which will hopefully do a better job and I can let you know when we've done it if you'd like.

I also have a very rough spreadsheet which only considers:

• purchase price
    • interest rate (and I ensured I inflated it a bit for safety)
    • loan value
    • expected rent
    • stamp duty and other purchasing charges (which can vary from state to state)
    • a rough estimate of other costs

which I use when I want a really rough estimate of how a property will perform. The rough guide gives me a good indication of whether a property is worth investigating further and it's great because I don't spend my time on stuff that might sound better than it actually is.

Have a go at creating your own spreadsheet!

Good luck!
    Den

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I thought this one was pretty cool – IP calculator Might be a bit more technical than you had in mind though.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DHCPDHCP
    @dhcp

Hello Den

Thanks for your detailed response.

I have a similar excel worksheet. If I want to quantify only the rental income and its outgoing regarding a potential IP, is it necessary to include the other costs (e.g. stamp duty etc). For instance, if i want to know how much an IP negatively geared.

BTW, how much do you charge for mentoring a newbie in IP?

Cheers Leo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.