All Topics / Legal & Accounting / House on a Truck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of KuradjiKuradji
    @kuradji

Hi
    I am about to buy a hardiplank house in western Sydney and put it on a truck and install it on my vacant block in NW NSW.
    I am googling for a generic “Bill of Sale” or “Contract of Sale” that would cover this transaction.
    Cant find exactly what I am looking for via google – so anyone have a template that will do the trick?
    I have been on some of the document building legal sites and have also not really found what I want.

Next – once I have the document I require:
    I have the vendor’s absolute assurance that the house contains no asbestos. How can I write this into the contract that should asbestos be encountered dealing with removal and disposal of this material will be at his expense? (I dont think there is asbestos, but…)

Also – insurance. I will require the transport company to have adequate insurance in case the house “falls of the back of the truck” or meets with some calamity enroute,
    but – what about if the house burns down while it is still on the vendor’s site prior to transport? What about happens before the house is fully habitable and rented??

Anyone done this exercise?
    Anyone got any tips on what else to consider and other “traps for young players”

Fortunately I dont required bank finance to do this exercise, but intend to extract some equity via a low-to medium LVR loan once the house is on site.
    I am also considering vendor-financing the sale, but all of this is much further down the track. I need to get it there and habitable first…..

The vendor wants the house gone last week ( an earlier sale fell thru) so I dont have time to dilly-dally with this.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The relocation of a house will inevitably result in lots of cracks etc in the finishes, a transport company will exclude this from their contract.
    The discovery of asbestos is up to you, your building inspection/testing will need to uncover it and negotiate the remedial cost out of the contract price. Unless the asbestos is posing a hazard, then just negotiate the best price.

Profile photo of businessglobalbusinessglobal
    Participant
    @businessglobal

OK- This is what you need to do- Ive done about 10 house moves so far-

Go see your solicitor asap and get a contract and terms/ conditions written up asap- worth every cent to do this correctly
    Do pest/ Building/ Asbestos inspection asap now so you know what your dealing with

How many km are your moving the home? regardless you will get cracks, movement as it is an old house so you must allow in your reno cost a sizeable portion for building/ fixing/ aligning things- doors, windows, movement, damage of boards.

Make sure youa re also insured for moving the home in transit – Ring an insurance broker asap – we use HONANS BROKERS
    http://www.honan.com.au
    Bye
    Kylie

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

HI Kylie, i have looked at buying and relocating homes before, but do not know enough to feel confident that i will factor in allcosts appropriately. Have you 'learnt on the job' or have you been able to locate some material to help you calculate all obvious and hidden costs associated with relocating houses?

Apologies Kuradji for highjacking your post a little bit!

Sonya

Profile photo of KuradjiKuradji
    @kuradji

Hi Kylie,
    Thanks for your advice.

I have now engaged HouseMovers from Wisemans Ferry.
    Has anyone had any dealings with them?
    So far I have been convinced they know their stuff.

I am quite apprehensive about this little “adventure”.
    I have heard about people who have done this and it seemed to go OK..

But of course there are disaster stories for sure.

I too am very very very worried about the additional costs. am not sure how you go about locking in a price as there are so many tradies and add-ons …. and everyone seems to want to do it their way…

Out of interest where have you moved your houses from and to?
    If you have done more than one then there must be a $$$ return or presumably you would not bother again and again.

I do worry about the tradies at the other end… once you are at your new location with a house that needs repairs, then they have you over a barrel….

@kuradji

Hi Kylie,
    I would like to PM you for some more info and tips, but I cant see how to PM on this site???
    Anyone can jump in here – how do I PM?

thanks
    K/

@kuradji

Hi SNM
    u pm ‘d once. How do I pm Kylie for some more advice?

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

To send a private message to anyone in the forum:

1.  Click on the user name in any post. A menu will appear!
    2.  Click 'View Public Profile'. From their click 'Send Private Message' button.
    3.  Type your message. Click 'Send Private Message' button. 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.