All Topics / Help Needed! / Can I utilise trust structure with 95%LVR?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of I-dream-housesI-dream-houses
    @i-dream-houses

Hi all,

I have gone through the forums and could not see this discussion so apologies if this has been covered before.

I just signed a contract to purchase my 3rd IP in joint names (husband + wife). I wanted to utilise my DFT but I heard from people that using a DFT structure would mean the bank would only lend up to 80% LVR.

I talked to my personal banked about this as I wanted the best chance to get the loan but that if they would treat it equally, then I'd like to use a trust structure.

My banker told me that they would treat borrowings in the same way (trust or in personal names) and that I could borrow up to 95% utilising the trust structure.

I was really surprised by this as I have spoken to many brokers who indicated that obtaining finance over 80% LVR for trusts are quite difficult.

She said nope. It's fine – we can lend up to 95% even if trust structure.

I suppose my question is – well not really a question, what are your experiences in borrowing using trusts lately in terms of the LVR.

I should also add that I have now asked my solicitors to ask ther other side if we could prepare a new contract with my DFT as a new entitiy. I suppose if I hear an overwhelming "NO BANKS WILL LEND TO A TRUST STRUCTURE OVER 80% LVR", then I can tell my solicitor to forget about it and proceed with the current contract.

The property is a residential house earmarked to be rezoned so I am wanting to build 3 townhouses on it at a later stage. Once the t'houses have been compleleted, after all costs, the property will be CF+ by about $600 per week.

Many, many ,many thanks in advance for your advices. Very much appreciated.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yep, it should be fine. Sometimes there may be higher rates if you have a company as trustee, but it will depend on the bank.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Wont be any issue with the 95% lend however the issue could come down the track when you have 3 properties on the single title.

Many a lender has reduced its policy on multiple dwellings over the last couple of weeks.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of I-dream-housesI-dream-houses
    @i-dream-houses

Thank you so much Terry and Richard.

I have been reading the threads (almost all of them) and note that both of you make significant contributions in this forum
    Thanks for your thoughts and advice!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.