All Topics / Creative Investing / INNER CITY CAR PARK INVESTING???

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Just wondering if any one knows much or has been involved with inner city car spaces as a form of investment? Ive just stumbled across them on the net and with a few quick calcs they look like an ok option (i could be wrong). Also would banks lend someone say 80% finance on one of these investments. My initial though is that they probably wouldnt.
    Cheers!

Profile photo of jaffafaljaffafal
    Participant
    @jaffafal

Hello Grant,
    I have been interested in them from a cashflow point of view before too. I think the question I would ask a place selling them is there any strata, is there maintenance fees. Also what is the vacancy rate like?

I hope you get some insights, it’s a good area to find out about :)

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Hey Jo,
    Thanks for your response. Gives me a bit of insite of what avenue to take when enquiring about this. Being a novice im not sure what you mean by "is there any strata" Ive tried to google it but would you mind elaborating more on that?
    Cheers

Profile photo of jaffafaljaffafal
    Participant
    @jaffafal

Hello Grant,

I guess I am thinking of “strata” as in apartments a quarterly cost, I think with car park it’s just called “annual outgoings”
    actually I found a site called http://www.findacarpark.com.au and below is an example of some of the expenses related to car parks
    “The actual annual costs for 08/09 were –council $557 , water $160 , strata levy $445. From 1/7/09 the annual council parking levy is $2000 pa which can be paid quarterly at $500 per quarter”
    this was the expenses on a sydney cbd carpark probably cheaper in other parts of australia.

looks like if you can find someone desperate to sell, you could get a good deal.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

On a funding perspective you are back to around 50% lvr subject to minimum loan amount.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

On a funding perspective you are back to around 50% lvr subject to minimum loan amount.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of dreamtobelievedreamtobelieve
    Participant
    @dreamtobelieve

There was an interesting article on this in API magazine a couple of months back detailing the pro's and con's, although cant remember exactly which issue right now. I'll have a dig through at some stage and let you know if I find it.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

i can't see the point in investing in carparks.

There are a few older threads here you may want to look at too.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.