Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jimmyboyjimmyboy
    @jimmyboy

Hi everyone,
    I have a question to ask in relation to commercial leasing.
    I am looking to lease a retail shop which has a single bedroom dwelling attached at the rear of the premise. Is it possible for me to lease out the dwelling? must this be stated in the terms of the contract?

Any help on this matter would be great.
    Thank you in advance.

Jim

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You will generally need permission to sub-lease out party. Have a read of the lease agreement, it will probably be covered.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It would be extremely rare to find a lease which would allow subletting without reference to the Lessor. In the commercial sense, the lessor may also need to seek mortgagee consent to the subletting as well.

Profile photo of rickypleasrickypleas
    @rickypleas

I need extra help to reach people who wants to get the best real estate deal online. It would be great if you can show me your site and share your thoughts on how did SEO and web 2.0 strategies helped you in selling your products and services.

FREE Video reveals an Automated Social Marketing WITHOUT Spending More than 5 Minutes Per Month at your Computer

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

There is a lease agreement with which you must go on. In case of commercial leasing, I think it will be listed in the term of contract. I request you to mention your site so that we can help you out more specifically.

Profile photo of secureserver1secureserver1
    @secureserver1

Most commercial leases will state that you can sublease with Lessor consent, however the lessor cannot reasonably withhold such consent.  Definitely something you need to make sure is covered in the lease agreement if you intend on doing it.

Profile photo of jameschancelorjameschancelor
    @jameschancelor

I don't see why not. There are many people who are using their commercial property that they own and rent a space adjacent to it.

Profile photo of urbanedgeurbanedge
    @urbanedge

as far as my knowledge is concern..i think it will be listed in the contract..:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.