All Topics / General Property / +ve cashlow properties

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of qsikqsik
    @qsik

Is anyone else having difficulty with the positive cashflow scenario???
    I have been searching (NSW) and find that anything that is truly +ve is either so badly in need of repair that I would need substantial surplus cash/savings to make it liveable (which I don't have: – just getting the basic finance is hard enough!)) ; or it is in an area where rents are low and I would have to ask for an unrealistic rent amount for that area ; or it is located in some struggling country town where there seems to be a lot of people selling up and moving out!!. (maybe I'm just not looking hard enough). I would love to hear from real people who have put this theory to the test and have manged to acquire a  +ve  cashflow property that is not a dump and is in a reasonable area.
    Thanks
      carol

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

Hi Carol
    All investment property is is a brick money box.
    So long as you buy in a good growth area (growth area = jobs, industry,transport, schools to name a few) your investment should return to you in ten years double your input!.
    That said finding CF+ in towns that are established is difficult if you are looking for tax relief as well.
    I suggest you buy new in the mining towns of the Central Coast NSW or Queensland.
    I have product in Qld. that is CF+ four bedrooms brand new.
    Remember it is a brick money box, you do not have to like it's location just it's purpose.
    Bluegrass

Profile photo of qsikqsik
    @qsik

Thanks Bluegrass
    I was beginning to get a little disheartened! I will kep your comments in mind when I'm searching.
    Carol

Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

i live in moranbah, central QLD, and the rental yeild here is something like 12% average.  its a mining town though, the whole town was built solely for the mines – so there is some degree of risk.  depending on the level of risk u are wanting to take maybe u should do ur own due diligence with moranbah, or maybe dysart.

Profile photo of diggerdigzitdiggerdigzit
    @diggerdigzit

seems to me the CF+ properties are all in mining towns, anybody finding them in or around capital cities? Not saying the mining town scenario is bad, just seems to be the only option.

Profile photo of jmac26jmac26
    @jmac26

Moree in nsw have a lot of houses that have good yield that is the best i have found in the nsw regional area

Profile photo of ajaydee73ajaydee73
    Participant
    @ajaydee73

Just don't forget the capital side of the equation. No point earning $5k per year in cash if you're losing $10 per year in capital.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.