All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Investment plan needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of l_b29265l_b29265
    Participant
    @l_b29265

I have $90K equity in my house, and $80K investment in a vacant lot of land.All up, not that much really – $170K equity. The loans are with 2 different banks. The lender for the vacant lot won't let me draw equity out, and will only let me lend to build on the land. I am desperate to get into full time property investment, and I know a fair bit about property, but not much about financing and investment strategies. We are limited to one income at the moment, and so we are not really attractive clients to a bank to lend money to. I am not sure if they would even lend me the money to build on the vacant lot due to income at the moment. Perhaps I should shift both loans to one bank? Would this give me an advantage? What I want to do is form my own company, and employ myself and other half (somehow) to work full time on property developing, (hence borrowing a little to live off while doing my first project(as I think it would be better than slogging away at the job i have now) I really want to buy, renovate and sell, or buy and sell, preferably without selling our house (as we need somewhere to live anyway.)I feel confident enough in choosing a project which I could make a profit from and i know alot about Council , planning, potential of homes and vacant lots(planningwise) and construction as we both work in this field. I have been asking around for investors, but I can't find an investor for at least a year, and I do not want to wait that long. I am ready to move now. Does anyone have any ideas about where I could start and if its possible – i.e do banks consider this type of idea if I put a proposal forward to them(forming a company and employing myself)?? I thought perhaps I should sell the vacant lot, and use as a deposit for a reno. I am not sure, and wondered if any poroperty investors had some ideas, or the name of a good property invetment advisor who has had success with their own investment portfolios. Thanks for the help and words of wisdom.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I think you need to see a broker. Banks will run a mile if you tell them you are going to quit your job and change careers. Borrowing money to live on will make it worse – in their eyes.

Some things to consider:
    You could possibly just move the land to another bank to access the equity. However, it is generally difficult to pull money out now without specific plans in place. ie they want to know what the money will be used for.

Setting your self up as a employee under your own company will also be considered self employment and they will want 2 years financials before they will start lending based on this income.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.