All Topics / Finance / Line of credit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertySeekerPropertySeeker
    Participant
    @propertyseeker

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of opening a line of credit, using as security 3 investment properties. And then drawing money out of this LOC to make deposits on new investment properties as I want to buy more. Can anyone see anything wrong with this approach?

Also, when drawing money out of a LOC, do i have to justify it? or the bank doesnt care as long as I pay them their interest?

Thanks
    PropertySeeker

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

The bank will most likely lend to 80% LVR on your existing investment properties. (and you need to be able to service the new total debt amount)
    Also if you go for another loan the new lender will want to know your existing debt and will factor this with your income so see if you are able to service the new loan.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

No the strategy is sound and as long as the loans are separate i cant see a problem.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

One potential problem is that the 3 properties will be cross collateralised. Better to have 1 LOC on each – but this may not be practical if you have a little bit of equity in each.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of St George DragonSt George Dragon
    @st-george-dragon

May i suggest you keep a separate split for each investment property purchase, this way , you can apportion the deductible debt to the correct property that you purchase.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.