Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of GarvoGarvo
    Participant
    @garvo

Hi all.
    I have never invested in commercial property before and need a little help.
    I want to purchase a commercial property for $750k. Part of the shed is currently
    tennanted and the other half I want to move my automotive business into.
    It is in a great location and is at a good price. making payments isn't a problem because
    my business is already making high rent payments where it is. My problem is the 30% deposit.
    I only have around $40k spare at the moment. I have asked the seller about vendor finance which
    they aren't interested in. My question is does anyone know of a lender that would accept say a 5%
    deposit ? or does anyone know of any other way around the high depsoit required.
    or it may be the case that I have some serious saving to do before getting into commercial.
    thanks for any help.
    Mark

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

You don't mention whether you have any other assets which can be mortgaged – if you do, you may consider either drawing down some of the capital against the other property (via a line of credit) or (heaven forbid) cross-collateralising the loan (ie tying the two properties on the one loan).

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

30% deposit is the norm with commercial I'm afraid.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of GarvoGarvo
    Participant
    @garvo

I don't have enough equity to make it worth trying to get a line of credit. I think I will just have to wait it out.
    If it doesn't sell they might get a bit more negotiable with the terms and in the mean time I will work at getting a deposit.
    thanks for the prompt reply's. I didn't think there would be a way around it but thought I would ask just in case.

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Is it worth waiting until you have a few resi properties under your belt before venturing into Commercial property. 

What are the risks with commercial – What if the tenant can't pay and you have a vacant shop or office for 6-12months you would have to cover these costs with your equity.

Does the tenant pay for all the outgoings including rent.   The owner just has to pay the Interest is that correct?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.