All Topics / Finance / Avoiding a Lo Doc – Ideas Please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of delboydelboy
    @delboy

One for the Finance Gurus

I have been investing in property for a number of years, bought and sold and held a few and never had any problems obtaining loans, normally 90% – 95% LVR, as I was an employee. I have been self employed now for about a year and find that I have to apply for lo doc loans.

Now as you are all well aware the lo doc scenario at the moment is not great thus we can no only borrow up to 80% which doesn't work for us as all our money is currently tied up in 2 supdivisions and we can't redraw any equity until they are completed.

Yet we have just found a great little reno that we want to purchase so here is my idea. I am the sole director of my company and my wife does the books as an employee, so essentially we give her a wage. Could my wife be the main applicant on the loan thus securing a main stream loan at 90 – 95% rather than a lo doc loan and I would only be classed as the second applicant?

Your thoughts on this would be great appreciated.

Cheers

Delboy

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

How long has wife worked for your company as this will affect this idea but it worked for my father a couple of years ago when he went for a loan.

Profile photo of delboydelboy
    @delboy

Hi Duckster

She has been doing the books since we stared but only started creating a salary for her in past 6 months so she doesn't have a tax return from last year as was not working due to kids.

Delboy

Profile photo of delboydelboy
    @delboy

Anyone got any views on this one?

Cheers

Delboy

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

It is likely the bank will still class your wife as self employed. It wouldn't work with you on the loan either.

If it is a non-related company that she works for it may work. If she has a different surname and is not an officer or shareholder of the company, it may still work too.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

If you have 1 years Tax return and it was a full year then that should still be sufficient to go full doc.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.