All Topics / Creative Investing / Seminar – Mark Rolton

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 285 total)
  • Profile photo of The FoxThe Fox
    Participant
    @the-fox

As some have said previously, far too many of these seminar gurus are fakes, making loads of money from the unsuspecting who attend their seminars and sign up for their expensive courses.  I notice that Mark Rolton is running another round of his seminars <moderator: delete personal comment>.  I have investigated the claims made by a number of gurus, (some of them who have been mentioned in this and other forums), and found absolutely no evidence to back up what they claim. In fact in some cases, I have proven that their claims are totally fabricated. 

Something else that I have recently found very interesting. Type into google the name of your guru with the word 'scam' after it. Because some of these gurus have now become the target of sites exposing their underhand tactics, they have gone to a lot of trouble to hide these sites from the first page of a 'google' search. For those that aren't aware, there are a number of ways to do this using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) techniques, but the one that interests me the most is when the spruikers register  the domain names with the word 'scam' or 'exposed' in them.

In order not to actually name anyone (and risk being moderated) I'll make up a name in this example.

Let's call our spruiker Bill Smith.  If Bill Smith is finding that his critics are starting to speak out about him on the internet, he will  secure the domain name http://www.billsmithscam.com and/or http://www.billsmithexposed.com.   These sites will either link back to their main site or be full of positive material promoting them.  This stops their critics from securing these domain names but also assists with the SEO that I mentioned before. Now I won't say too much more, but just have a think about why they might be doing this. Try google searching your guru with the word scam after his/her name and see what you come up with. 

If you are a newby to the game, please tread very carefully with the seminar spruikers. Many are not what they are cracked up to be and if you decide later that you didn't get what was promised and want your money back, expect a long drawn out process where you will be made to jump through all sorts of hoops. These spruikers may have a money back guarantee, but they are often not worth the paper they are written on. Check the fine print!

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies
    The Fox wrote:

If you are a newby to the game, please tread very carefully with the seminar spruikers. Many are not what they are cracked up to be and if you decide later that you didn't get what was promised and want your money back, expect a long drawn out process where you will be made to jump through all sorts of hoops. These spruikers may have a money back guarantee, but they are often not worth the paper they are written on. Check the fine print!

Fox – Here Here – If there was a like button for your post I would hit it – What you have spoken about – I have posted about on facebook also. And I have been around the seminar circuit for more years than I care to recall. Good advice that all property investors should Heed

Profile photo of bretocksbretocks
    Participant
    @jimjocky

I am a Future and Options trader at an investment bank in Sydney. The only way you make money on Options in any market is by getting the option to buy something at discount or sell something at over and above its actual price. Anything else is just a bet and hoping the market will go your way.

In the property market, its has to be moving fast in one direction to be able to make money on options….     or to get someone stupid enough to be on the other side of the transaction.

So put in plain and simple, unless the market is moving fast or suddenly jumps in one direction up or down.  The only chance you really have of making profits in Property Options is to get some foolish person in on the deal…. if they dont realise how much their property is worth then you have the upper hand….

Profile photo of bricmanbricman
    Participant
    @bricman

Not sure if I have ever seen so many comments for a subject in such a short space of time.

If this so called guru or proclaimed investor is not what he makes out to be then he deserve a blast from everyone on the forum, more to the point we should name and shame all these spruikers (not saying this guy def is) and create a comprehensive list of all the bad eggs out there so that we as investors are well aware of those whose prey on vulnerable people.

I know investors need to use due diligence but a slick marketing and sales pitch has most of us onside, remember these people are TRAINED TO SELL TO YOU!

Lets name and shame those companies (or give clues away as to their identity) we have dealt with that have offered very poor service, let us down, lied to us or just plain pulled the wool over our eyes investors need to look out and warn each other of potential bad eggs.

in my opinion there are no secrets to property! the numbers do not lie, people do!

Profile photo of Amit ThakerAmit Thaker
    Participant
    @amit-thaker
    aretm wrote:
    MrFairGo wrote:
    Rick's course worked for me. Bought the home study course a few months ago – have now done a few Lease Options. snip….

thanks Mr fair go and others. I got off the phone today spoke at length with one of the guys that works there.  Threw some interesting questions that have been posted in this thread and probably the first time I've ever had a affiliate/ employee call it what you will sit and answer the questions completely and not baulk at any of them.  Anyway I'm getting a few addresses sent to go and check out and do some further looking into locally here in Melbourne.  Also Ill add this NO HARD SELL which was another interesting thing i found.  Usually in this industry of seminars they are hard hitting refuse to answer questions or give some half baked crap  and then want your credit card details.  In fact not even a mention of are you interested. 

Thanks for posting some interesting things they helped a great deal when talking today.

Hi Aretm,

Where did you ring Rick Otton or Mark Rolton’s office?
    What sort of questions did you ask and what was their reaction?
    Did you get information you were looking for? were they happy about it?

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    hengjin.li wrote:
    Paulyp wrote:
    Hi,

with all due respect, I don't understand the mindset of some people, many of us go and get a car loan for $30000, personal loans for plasma t.v's or other things that depreciate in value but when it comes to parting with $5k for the knowledge that a course such as Massland's or any other for that matter can give a person, sorry but this boggles me. If anyone knows of any books out there on property options PLEASE let me know. Options are a specialized area where there aren't many decent books that gives Australians the A-Z in this field. Therefore to excel in this particular field you need to put in the hard yards both financially and mentally, but in the end it will be worth it. Are we expecting pay $5k just sit back, take a holiday and wait for the cash to roll in? With this mindset most of us will be in the rat race the rest of our lives!
    Anyway thats my 2c worth.

Cheers

Paulyp

hi, Paulyp. I cannot agree more on your saying. from an entrepreneur's point of view. 5k is not gonna make much difference in some one's whole life. but acquiring some advanced techniques by financial education may make a big difference.

There is not much material available in the market for property option. The book I have is the American Author Thomas Lucier's How to Make Money With Real Estate Options.

If you want, I can send you a soft copy.

Hengjin, I would be keen to have a copy of the book. I have PM you. Thank you for sharing this. Really appreciate it.

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    bluesilver wrote:

dear mr fair go

hi my name is rocco

iv done the massland home study if you havnt brought the package yet i have a spear im will 2 sell 2 u for less then 5k

if your interestd  plz  get in contact wit me 

Thanks

Rocco

I am a little confused as to what do you get when you join Mark Rolton’s course for 5K. So far my understanding,

1. Home study pack (you study this before you go to 2day Seminar in QLD)
    2. 2days seminar in Queensland.

On going out of pocket:
    3. RP DATA. How much? ($100 per/month, $200 per/month)
    4. Google Earth??

If anyone can clarify I would much appreciate.

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    wealth4life.com wrote:
    Hello all,

You can buy a Mercedes Benz and have problems, we have …

We have done Marks course and other stuff and yes it is expensive but his deals are real.

Within "options" are several opportunities to prosper, I attended (we) last year and connected with several intelligent people (solicitors and bankers) and out of that connection at "Marks" seminar have created a lot of business. Today I am flying to Brisbane to sit down  with a major finance company who has lots and lots of liquidated projects  that they want to off load and need our help … this would not have happened  if we did not attend  that seminar.

There is a 97% failure rate of people who attend Tony Robbins seminars who just don't apply the strategies and fall back into their hum drum life styles several days after attending the events.

You can read all the great books and they will all tell you that only 3% (possibly 5%) become wealthy because they learn to "do things in a certain way" (the science of getting rich, if you don't know).

Are you or do you want to be in the 3 – 5% and if so what do you have to do to get there?

Finally if you want to play in this league you need to have "balls" it's hard it's scary but the rewards can be outstanding IF "you learn to do things in a certain way"

D … good luck to all and never give up.

Hi Wealth4life,

Thank you for sharing your side of story. Now I can see both sides of spectrum. I wish there were more of this out there but apparently no. I would be keen to know your journey with Mark.

Is it possible to PM you?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    Polski23 wrote:
    Hey people,

I am new to this site and indeed new to blogging and forums so forgive me for being such a novice, but could someone please tell me what it means to PM someone.

To Matt007 if your reading this, I would be very interested in emailing you or you can give me a call to talk about your experiences with MassLand. After doing some further research including reading some of your comments I want to ensure I will get my money back when I arrive at the event in less than two weeks. Do not want to waste any more time here with this group as I have since found many better alternatives for learning about property development.

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you.

Hi Polski,

Did you had similar experience like others, hence you are also looking for refund?

Are you able to share what other better alternatives have you found? I am happy to PM you if you are uncomfortable putting it up on the forum.

Cheers

Profile photo of shawnfromsydneyshawnfromsydney
    @shawnfromsydney

Hi all….yes this is my first pot on here and I have been reading quite a lot of comments on here about Mark Rolton, Dymphna Bohlt, Carly Crutchfield and other property seminar speakers.
    I personally have attended A Dymphna seminar via Knowledge Source and found it interesting, but still could not get to do any of the suggested options offered by her course because I just do'nt have the capital, nor the previous experience to carry out any of these deals.
    So here is my history……Bought house with my wife in 1995 for $150K in Brisbane and then got transferred with my work to Sydney in 2001 (we are still there), and then sold the house in Brisbane in 2003 for $320K after renting it out between 2001 and 2003.
    You might say that a $170K profit over 8 years is pretty good, and it was. But because we were not educated in in property investment in our early years we continued to roll over all of our credit card debit into the home loans over this time and really did not have much left over after the sale.
    Things are not much different now other than we are much more financially educated, but just don't have the capital to make any of our goals come to life.
    I will be going to a Mark Rolton seminar at the end of this month, because he does offer a JV program with Massland where you can get 20% on your first deal and 35% for every other deal after that, and Massland put up all of the costs for DA and other costs, including offering the owner $1000 for the deposit, (with a 2 year option period), to secure the deal.
    I understand that to be part of this though you need $6000 to join the program, yes you can pay it off over 10 payments, but getting $700 even as a deposit for this program will be a push for my wife and I. So even though I feel the Mark Rolton course would be a good start for us, we just could not afford to get into it.
    <moderator: delete>
    I hope to be a regular on here, but more to ask questions than for anything else.

Participant
    @amit-thaker

Shawnfromsydney, I am going to Mark Rolton’s seminar either on 31st May (Masonic Centre, Sydney) or 2nd June (Sebel, Parramatta). I am registered for both. Which one are you going to? I will PM you my mobile number, may be we can catch up at the seminar :)

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    wakeboard_spice wrote:
    Sash wrote:
    Ok,

Ill look into these things, ask questions.

Will let you know.

Thanks alot for the advice. Im still going to make options work cos I have all the information I need + the 3 day seminar. As for further dealings and credibility, there is more to find out.

Cheers.

Sash.

Hi Sash,

If you are still active on here, can you shed some light a year on, whether Mark Rolton's seminar/JV options have been beneficial and worked for you.

I'm interested to hear if Massland have changed over the last year or 2 as this thread started 3 years ago.

Hi wakeboard_spice, Did you get any reply or info from sash or anyone else. I know your post was about a year ago. Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Participant
    @amit-thaker
    Huntero1 wrote:
    OMG…. I am completely stressed about this Mark Rolton seminar i have just signed up for. After reading these comments I really want my money refunded, I can least afford to lose this amount of money.
    I see a few here have managed to get a refund, would you be so kind as to advise how you went about it and how I should manage this uncomfortable position I now find my self in..
    Fingers crossed you can help

Hunter01, I know your post is about a year old but I would be keen to hear what was the outcome. Did you ended up getting a refund or had to do the course (if yes, how did it go?).

Profile photo of shawnfromsydneyshawnfromsydney
    @shawnfromsydney
    Amit Thaker wrote:
    Shawnfromsydney, I am going to Mark Rolton’s seminar either on 31st May (Masonic Centre, Sydney) or 2nd June (Sebel, Parramatta). I am registered for both. Which one are you going to? I will PM you my mobile number, may be we can catch up at the seminar :)

Hi Amit, sorry did not get back to you until now.
    Yes I actually went to the semiar yesterday at Parramatta. I did not sign up for anything. Thinking about it, because there was some great information he offered. To be honest, I cant really afford either the $9000 or $6000 package, but if I was going to do either I would want to pay up front rather than pay in 11 x installments, becasue I want my partner to have the free ticket. But I did like the fact that Massland put up all the dollars for the project. So for somebody like me this is gold, because finance is an issue.
    What was your thoughts, and did you sign up at all?
    I am hoping to try to start up a group of like minded individuals here in Sydney, that realy want to get into or have been involved in property investment. I already have 1 person from this forum who has offered to be part of this and has some great experiences to offer.
    Would you be keen to join as well?
    Message me here and I will come back to you……It might be a few days cause I generally check this over the weekends.

Thanks in advance?

Participant
    @amit-thaker

Hi Shawnfromsydney, I could not make to any of the his seminar last week. Although I have seen Mark Rolton speak before and presumed it would almost similar contents. The only benefit of signing up at this sort of seminars I think is you get the course a little cheaper($500 or $1000 from memory – I could be wrong) as oppose to when call Marks office and sign up. Thats exactly I was hoping to do on the weekend seminar to sign up but I stumbled upon this forum and comments from Matt007 and Michael (i think) and others which changed my mind. So at this stage I am in a no-mans land (I dont plan to stay there too long though). However another name pops up in my head is Peter Spann. He does similar things plus more when compared with Mark Rolton. I have read good review about him on this forums. We will see how it pans out.

I do agree with you regarding Massland frocking out all the costs associated with putting up the deal(s). All the students have to do is leg work(which is find by me. But the time and day will be of an issue but thats to be discussed another day :)). Best way to learn is to swim.

I am more than keen to join the group and have been thinking about forming something like this for a while(In fact I was going to offer you the same). I think we guys should catchup sometime soon. I will PM you my contact details.

Talk soon.

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

hey can someone summerize in a few paragraphs what this massland deal is.

here in the US options on RE are very basic first grade type of transactions.. the forms are right on the Real Estate websites that can be downloaded for a few dollars ( like 2.00)

I am sure there is more to this.

Maybe its this guy using all your small dollars to crate enough cash to leverage some deals then pay you out of profits of the transaction…

very curious to learn more…

JLH

Participant
    @amit-thaker

jayhinrichs, what website are you talking about. Care to share some links mentioned??

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Just google,

Real Estate option agreement… in the google us .com

many examples will pop up

Participant
    @amit-thaker

Thanks mate.
    Regarding Massland just go to .com.au Google and search Mark Rolton.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.