All Topics / Creative Investing / Seminar – Mark Rolton

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 285 total)
  • Profile photo of Graeme FreerGraeme Freer
    Participant
    @freerenterprise

Matt007 is correct in his observation that this model of having students do all the research/identifying opportunities is good for him and others such as Roy McDonald –  because land owners are a lot more savvy and these deals are now harder to find and execute. Profit split with Massland is now 20% for students' first deal instead of 15% and subsequent deals are 35%. The principle of investing in your own property success is sound but why not engage a Buyers Agent that is already subscribing to research and one that understands Options/can mentor you as well?

Graeme Freer, Principal and Licensee
    Freer Enterprise Pty Ltd  t/as Freer Property and Finance

M: 0414 816 408    T: +61 2 9973 2367     F: +61 2 99187730
    [email protected]
    http://www.FreerPropertyandFinance.com
    PO BOX 304 NEWPORT BEACH NSW 2106
    Save time money and stress using a buyers agent that guarantees results

Graeme Freer | Freer Property and Finance
    http://www.freerpropertyandfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Profile photo of businessglobalbusinessglobal
    Participant
    @businessglobal

The main thing to look into before you do any course is why are you doing it?
    What time do you really have per week to dedicate to the strategy?
    Will you really put in the work or are you expecting to becoem a property millionair overnight and then give up?
    Property is a long termprofession, to succeed you must put in effort, time, dedication, and continual commitment to look for deals, learn, read, question, listen to others that know more than yourself.
    Start with the Property Investor Magazine, team up and do voluntary work for millionaires/ property gurus that can buddy you so you can listen, learn and be a sponge and soak it all up,
    Find the best agents in the area and learn from them, as they know what is going on, where, with whom and where the good deals are
    When I started out at 20 I Volunteered every Saturday to help out some great agents, help them put up signs, clean offices, get info packs ready, update their diaries, database and the deal was they had to let me go around with them and look at homes, help out with opens, inspections, auctions and tell me everything they knew and if any good little deals come up I could afford to tell me. Properties I bought between 20- 25 has now doubled and probably made 500- 800k in growth, so I think my tag along helper strategy worked.
    Probably buy some cds, books on options and read Rick Otto info and really look at how much time you have to do this weekly
    and do you really have the commitment to go thsi strategy or is there another strategy better for you???

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Freeenterprise – good question about Buyers Agents, I'm curious to know how you think this would work given someone's desire to get an option over something, when this isn't a formal contract, and there is no commission payable until (or if) the property itself settles? I know when I did go through massland it was a very 'anti' agent although occassionally you 'did find a good one'…

I would think using a Buyers Agent would have to involve some form of a JV or agreement about payment on successful 'acquisition' or signing of an option or on settlement/onsale of the option. I'd be open to it if the structure was workable.

Cheers
    Matt

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The buyers agent would no doubt charge a fee on the securing of the option. In General the Buyers agents charge for finding the property for the buyer and are not paid a commission by the seller.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@matt007

Thats what I thought.. gets a bit expensive if you're trying to secure options for $1K or $1! As some would have ou do :) or try..

Profile photo of Graeme FreerGraeme Freer
    Participant
    @freerenterprise

Correct Matt007. Engaging me as your Buyers Agent would involve a JV or 50/50 profit share agreement on successful 'acquisition' or signing of an option or on settlement/onsale of the option.
    I worked exclusively for vendors for over 10 years, now working for buyers most of my time and creating WIN/WIN/WIN scenarios is very satisfying. Many traditional agents are resentful or at least suspicious, but understanding financing options is key.

Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Profile photo of jhk2770jhk2770
    @jhk2770

Massland have gone down that path of acting as Buyers Agents as well…like most Project Marketers!…but this is the thing…they send a beacon out to their students to look for suitable sites for development on their behalf!…referral fee??..not sure!.

@jhk2770
    freerenterprise wrote:
    Correct Matt007. Engaging me as your Buyers Agent would involve a JV or 50/50 profit share agreement on successful 'acquisition' or signing of an option or on settlement/onsale of the option.
    I worked exclusively for vendors for over 10 years, now working for buyers most of my time and creating WIN/WIN/WIN scenarios is very satisfying. Many traditional agents are resentful or at least suspicious, but understanding financing options is key.

how can you ask for a JV or 50/50 split when all you've done is acquired the property??….do you contribute any hurt money in the deal??

Participant
    @terryw

Finding the property is the hard part!!!!

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@jhk2770
    Terryw wrote:
    Who is he and what is the focus of the seminar?

I beg to differ…however, even if it is the hardest part of the development process…its not deserving of a jv or 50/50 split especially when there is no equal share in option fee and ongoing costs in the deal!!

Participant
    @terryw

It would depend on the deal. With some deals all you would do is secure the property and later sell the option for a higher amount.

If there are development applications involved, then it may be different.

Email Me

@matt007

yeah I don't know that I'd be giving away considerable splits of the profits if I'm taking on all the risk of the DA/legals/marketing etc. I'd pay the finders fee and a success fee if the option was negotiated for the terms I set out, on settlement or onsale of the option, but I don't know if I or anyone I deal with would enter into much more than that.

@jhk2770
    Matt007 wrote:
    yeah I don't know that I'd be giving away considerable splits of the profits if I'm taking on all the risk of the DA/legals/marketing etc. I'd pay the finders fee and a success fee if the option was negotiated for the terms I set out, on settlement or onsale of the option, but I don't know if I or anyone I deal with would enter into much more than that.

Exactly!

Profile photo of Whaleman7Whaleman7
    Participant
    @whaleman7

Hi all,

Interesting thread, and great site.

I've listened to all the positives and negatives on this thread and not discounting any of them. I'm interested in talking to to people via PM or phone who have had successes and banked money with Massland.

Me – I've done massland's Real estate university 3 day course several months ago. I found the course awesome! I learnt soo much in so many area's and since then I've had a fantastic journey doing all the leg work… No doubt there has plenty alright, but I am loving every minite of it. I've not yet secured a deal under option, however I've feel so much more confident with my numbers and general development knowledge now and am punching out loads of feasobilities, talking to loads of people, and this has lead me to meet people and go places that I would have never imagined. I know none of this means anything to others untill I've made money with it, but it means a lot to me.

I've also used some of the negotiation techniques Mark taught to sell some land I was holding via privite sale and it's currently under contract for a significant amount over their offer price.

I'm also interested in speaking with other like minded people in the north qld region, especially those with experience to share.

Profile photo of ER3110ER3110
    @er3110

Hi Whaleman7 (Dale), 

I don't know why they don't teach Mark Rolton's strategies at school or uni – I would be very rich by now. I am in my mid 30's and have worked my back-side off for the past 15 years in the private sector and never made any inroads (financial) until I completed Mark's course in April this year. Within the first 12 weeks I optioned (short option – no DA) a deal that has represented a net return of $155k. – I used no money of my own in this transaction. I normally work between 60-80 per week to earn this type of money over a whole year.

Two weeks ago I signed off on deal number two (using none of my own money) which I am going to develop and oversee the entire project. The development is 8 townhouses & based on the feaso, I will make a net profit of $939,038, representing a 33.55% ROI. Prior to completing Mark's course I was very reluctant to part with my hard-earned money. Based on my two deals (all within 6months) I am well on my way to becoming a multi-millionaire property developer. Next steps are to resign from my current job (just on broke) in two years once the development is complete and I've sold all 8 townhouses. A special thank you to all the Massland team – especially Mark, Nathan & Tracey.

NOTE: The most important lesson I've taken away from this course is by no means this is for everyone – you need patients, determination and an underlying passion for property. The other take-away is that you can never have too many contacts/network in this profession – so if you're interested in exploring possible JV developments, I'd welcome your contact – just PM me.

Participant
    @freerenterprise

Save your money for deals. Read…. and network here, guys. PM me for opps and contacts. eg. I support Phillip's recommendation of Mel Ciampa from homeandhoused in Sydney,  Mention my name. Graeme Freer. Let's network. Any for a small development in Atherton in North Qld ? Or Yamba for NSW?

Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

@matt007

Thats it Graeme. YOu can never know too many people I think… just need to be sure everyone is who they say they are I think! Some of the things I've learnt, especially in dealing with the larger developers, is always keep your powder dry, never give away too much because they'll get you out of the way any way they can I've found, knowing people is great, but protect number one first and foremost every time. It's a cut throat game alright with lots of dodgy and unscrupulous operators out there..always do your research and due dilligence, establish bona fides early on, get references and referees.

Graeme, depends on what the developments are. PM me if you like with some more details eg sector size price etc etc. Never hurts to take a look!

Profile photo of Newbie_InvestorNewbie_Investor
    @newbie_investor

WOW What a read….

Firstly i like to take my hat off to all those who posted on this topic, your information, opinions and experience have been of great value to me.

I attended a property investing seminar in 2006 which included a presentation by Mark Rolton and i have to agree that he is a great sales man. I pride myself on being a person who is very skeptical and not easily sold, but after his presentation i was tempted to sign up for his 3 day course.

One thing that stopped me in signing up was how easy he made it look to make huge amounts of money. I am a firm believer in  in the saying "if it looks too good to be true it usually is". I was still interested but at the time i was building my first house and didn't have much time or money to look any further.

A few months ago a friend approached me and asked if I'd like to start a business with him doing property options on residential properties. We both have a good amount of experience when it come to developing a property but neither of us know too much about property options.

So i ordered "Options Made Simple" By Rob Balanda. After listening to it i found that it was good for a beginner but it didn't go into specifics. I'm thinking of ordering "Principles of Land Contracts and Options in Australia" by  C Rossiter. Has anyone had a chance to read this book? if so was it useful?

i am also looking for a good property options solicitor and accountant in Sydney. Anyone have any suggestions? I do recall someone mentioning Mel Ciampa from home and housed in Sydney. Could i please get the contact details?

I'd also like to talk to anyone who has had some success in Sydney executing a property options deal. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Sam

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Sam

We have used Options in our residential real estate, vendor finance business since 2003.  We have used them to both buy (control) and sell (if the Option is execised).  However we haven't used them to control property, pending DA's and development, etc.

All our Options have been drawn up by Tony Cordato of Cordato Partners, phone 02 8297 5600.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Participant
    @freerenterprise

Hi Sam
    I have experience with options for property in Sydney –  Mel Ciampa 's contact details: 02 98177727. [email protected] .

Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.