All Topics / Legal & Accounting / PM signed up at tenant at incorrect rent!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of emu1208emu1208
    @emu1208

I just found out that Tennant now on periodic terms. She did not signed the re newed lease within 5 days therefore its nul void according to PM…Lease or no lease that ok with me.. cause,. I might be looking to put this property in the market but not sure yet!! According to the Real Estate Agent the Market very slow…

Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

Just thoguht I'd give everyone an update.  Got a call from the agent this morning who stated they would not be looking after properties in that location anymore, so I have 14 days to sort out the management.  They say it is because they cannot perform the services requested by the landlords?? Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to do it myself???
    After I decided to be loyal too?? Can they do this if I have a mangement agreement with them?

JL

Profile photo of dotohdotoh
    @dotoh

hi there,
    I have a "friend" who sold/transferred  his house(investment property) in 2005 for around 174,000AUD to his close "mate", as he was in a spot of bother due to mental health issues, all done in a legitimate way. He now is in the process of buying back the property and has had a sworn valuation on the property done which came in at $330.000AUD. Now here in lies the "problem!" Both my friend and his "mate" intend to pay all related ATO (Capital Gains Tax )& SRO (Land Taxes)  based on the valuation of $330.000AUD. However the Contract Of Sale will read $170.000AUD, which will be covering the balance of loan,$118.000AUD CGT, Land Tax, Legals etc. Now once back in his "mates" name, will he have to pay any future GCT if he on sells down the track  based on a the Contract Of Sale reading at $170.000AD or will the ATO & SRO see that appropriate taxes were already paid based on the valuation of $330.000UD.

Regards
    Dotoh….

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    dotoh wrote:

hi there,
    I have a "friend" who sold/transferred  his house(investment property) in 2005 for around 174,000AUD to his close "mate", as he was in a spot of bother due to mental health issues, all done in a legitimate way. He now is in the process of buying back the property and has had a sworn valuation on the property done which came in at $330.000AUD. Now here in lies the "problem!" Both my friend and his "mate" intend to pay all related ATO (Capital Gains Tax )& SRO (Land Taxes)  based on the valuation of $330.000AUD. However the Contract Of Sale will read $170.000AUD, which will be covering the balance of loan,$118.000AUD CGT, Land Tax, Legals etc. Now once back in his "mates" name, will he have to pay any future GCT if he on sells down the track  based on a the Contract Of Sale reading at $170.000AD or will the ATO & SRO see that appropriate taxes were already paid based on the valuation of $330.000UD.

Regards
    Dotoh….

CGT (and stamp duty) are payable based on market rates, not contract amounts if less. s 116-30 ITAA 1997

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.