All Topics / Help Needed! / Is Exit Fees On Refinancing Tax Deductable…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of navyboynavyboy
    @navyboy

Hello all

i have just refinanced my 2 IPs to a better structed loan and a much better interest rate. I am happy with the loan i chose so the choice of me refinancing is not the issue.

However the previous loan has some exit fees added on top (understandable). this was explained as being a deferred establishment fee which over the 2 loans could end up being a few thousand dollars.

What i would like to know is if the taxman could use these as expences or offset it against my wage or anything really???
    I will be behind for a little while but the loan should pay for itself sometime in '09. ( SHOULD. all depends on interest rates and the next IP i buy)

Just a little background.
    i have a total loan amount of around 320000 with 30000 redrawn as a deposit on #3. So paying the fees aren't the issue (although i would love to get away without paying them). im currently sitting at about 75% LVR. IPs are in Adelaide and #3 will prob be there aswell. New loan structured as splits with an available offset which sits at 80% LVR of the total so i have access to plenty of funds if that 'bargain' comes up or its a very very rainy day.

any advice on being able to twist it to not be such a negative would be great

thanks in advance
    DAVE

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.