All Topics / Creative Investing / Looking for a “Mentor” in regards to Property Options – Melbourne based ideally

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

Hi There,

I'm very committed to utilising the vehicle of property options as my main strategy moving forward for the next few years. I have been studying them for some time and would like to connect with someone who is well versed in this vehicle (and has successfully executed numerous options agreements for property deals). I have most of the pieces of the puzzle, just need a few more pieces and someone with some experience to come along side me.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to take me on board as their 'apprentice' for a WIN/WIN outcome (maybe we split the first deal 50/50, however I do all the work as one idea?)

Ideally this person would be Melbourne based.

If you know of any such person (who would be willing to teach / mentor / coach me) please either reply here or PM me and we can discuss further.

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of options_mentoroptions_mentor
    @options_mentor

Hi Quantum Leap,

My partner and I have been doing options deals successfully for over 2 years now and we are starting to expand as there is only so much 2 people can do. We attended a seminar in Brisbane in 05 and have developed a business model over this time that has massively added to what we learnt originally.

We are based in Sydney and would like to expand to Queensland and other states. We have trained 4 people here in Sydney and 2 in Queensland but we will need a few more. We are certainly open to expanding into Victoria in the near future. We work on profit sharing from 25% to 50% depending on the deal. We have an engineer with 20 years experience in the development industry to do the DA's at our expense.

What we found is that doing a seminar is great, but you need ongoing support and training. so we provide training, 24/7 phone support and monthly meetings, access to property software and our own online 5 minute feasibility software to quickly work out the price of any type of land.

Paul King
    http://www.tawdevelopments.com

Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies for the delayed response – I have been flat out over the last few weeks.

I just read another post (which you wrote on 30th January an hour or so after responding to my post).

Your model certainly gives food for thought…

I'll PM you to discuss further.

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of intelintel
    @intel

Hi Quantum Leap,

Could you tell me wot are property options?

Thank you

Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

An option is a right but not an obligation to buy a property for a pre-determined period of time.

The option holder has control (but no financial obligation) over the property for a fee (usually non refundable).

Options are quite common for large property transactions.

Beyond that, I suggest you Google the term and research from there – there's a few good articles around.

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of wayneclaytonwayneclayton
    @wayneclayton

did you ever find anyone to do the options thing with?? have just realissed it was posted back in janueary?? if nothing came of it i would be interested.

pm me.
    thanks wayne

Baylbr
    Participant
    @baylbr

Other than expected administration costs, has anyone had any disaster stories in 'purchasing' using Options?? 

Baylbr

Profile photo of AAZAAZ
    Participant
    @aaz
    intel wrote:
    Hi Quantum Leap,

Could you tell me wot are property options?

Thank you

Hi Intel

Experienced real estate developers use options on a regular basis to tie up or control a site.

Options allow developers to “lay by” a property and buy it at a later time if the deal stacks up. 

If we decide an Option is the best way to proceed to enable us to control a site we would send the Vendor our 'Letter of Intent To Purchase Under Option' before we went to the expense of having our solicitor prepare a Formal Option Agreement.

This outlines the basic terms upon which we would be prepared to purchase the property. The terms are not complex and we mention in this that we expect additional terms to be incorporated into the Formal Option Agreement.

Adrian and Amber Zenere
    http://www.RealEstateDevelopmentClub.com

Profile photo of aaronbyerleeaaronbyerlee
    Participant
    @aaronbyerlee

By far the best information on property options is this DVD. It free and provides a great insight. Mark Rolton is the best at Property Options in Australia. He is the best Mentor I have seen. Very Genuine. He will put up all costs for you when you do a deal (usually around 10% of property costs for DA approval etc) You then get 20% profit and him 80% profit. I have made $950, 000 in last 12 months with this strategy and it cost me 0 risk and $0 of my own money can’t get better than that…..
    Have a look here: https://www.propertyoptions.com.au/freedvd.php?AF=DmlZo6TwRO7qCLSvh3RF4SAq9GgqMSk2hVeoV73oPMs=

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42
    aaronbyerlee wrote:
    By far the best information on property options is this DVD. It free and provides a great insight. Mark Rolton is the best at Property Options in Australia. He is the best Mentor I have seen. Very Genuine. He will put up all costs for you when you do a deal (usually around 10% of property costs for DA approval etc) You then get 20% profit and him 80% profit. I have made $950, 000 in last 12 months with this strategy and it cost me 0 risk and $0 of my own money can't get better than that….. Have a look here: https://www.propertyoptions.com.au/freedvd.php?AF=DmlZo6TwRO7qCLSvh3RF4SAq9GgqMSk2hVeoV73oPMs=

Hmmm

Two posts, both glowing endorsements…..

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

I'm still interested to see if aaronbyerlee has actualy 'received' and been paid 950K and if Massland actually did the DAs and onsold the options here.. my experiences and those of at least 20 others i've spoken with over the last few years about Massland have been very, very different. To have potentially 950K profit on an option is one thing, but unless you can actually sell it, have a list of buyers especially in this market, and have a DA on it to add value, and have the money in your bank account, the option itself means almost nothing.

Seek Options our opinions have little to nothing to do with with a negative mindset, and everything to do with probity, due dilligence and accuracy of claims made. I think you may need to curb your enthusiasm and come back to reality and start looking for verifiable facts, proven references and so on before investing in any one's course, whether that be massland or others. Don't go throwing money at people who say they are ABC unless they can prove it because most of what they're trying to sell and upsell you on is dependent on their claims being true and accurate. Now – if they aren't true and accurate, what then for your massively profitable future? Gone in a puff of smoke while your 'mentor's massively profitable future looks rosey at your expense.
    Education is fine as is ambition. But you MUST, MUST MUST balance that with reality and personal financial safety by doing due dilligence and getting nothing short of written proof of the claims these people make so that if it turns out to be false you have legal recourse against them. Nothing less. Being a 'prophet' and so on is also fine, business doesn't expand without them, but once again, look behind the marketing hype at their reptutations, integrity, the actual facts that make them who they are, not who they say they are.
    Peace.

Profile photo of aaronbyerleeaaronbyerlee
    Participant
    @aaronbyerlee

Hu guys

Sorry,don’t really check forums.

Full information go to http://www.PropertyOptionsExposed.com

Seek Options – Massland provided me with all the tools I need to work deals from home. – RP data, council sites, $ Analysis software, Google maps etc. It all comes in one package and they teach you how to find deals on the net from your computer. They give you phone scripts for negotiating, teach you negotiating skills etc. Getting on a plane and dealing with people is a waste of time and money. If you find a potential site, due your home work on it, crunch the numbers and if it looks good at a certain price then you pick up the phone and ring the owner. They must agree to 3 points before you go to the next step. Price, time and deposit. If they agree then you are away.

It’s not an easy process there is quite a bit of time involved, negotiating etc but it is a simple process.

One graduate before me banked around (don’t quote me on exact figures) but it was around 700K in less than a year after the course and he had a full time job. So it is worth it. You only need 1 deal a year and you will make more money than you have ever made in a year. Get a good one and it could mean a total lifestyle change.

Massland support and help is fantastic. They have tele-seminars staff to help, Help hotline number etc. Very good.
    When you find the deal they come in and close the deal for you, find the buyer and pay all DA costs. There is no risk to you. They always get council approval and they always either find a buyer or develop it themselves. You get 20% profits and they get 80% profit. No money out of your pocket ever. Sweet deal you just have to do the work, like anything.

Of course option means very little. But at the end of the day you can always walk away with no risk and no money lost – that is beauty of the option. Matt007 is correct in saying it is not all roses and it is actually quite difficult and risky if you do it yourself. You would have to negotiate yourself, have your own way of finding the deal, have your own software, own legal costs, own DA costs etc etc. You could actually lose a lot of money even if you walk away from the deal as you would have to go through council DA approval etc and that costs a lot. Thats why I teamed up with Massland. I have found them to be excellent.

Phillip – No time for anyone who thinks everything is a get rich quick scheme. The people who think things are get rich quick schemes are people that have never taken action on anything, are uneducated and ignorant on this subject (No offense) – get rich quick schemes are things like dodgy horse racing software and pyramid scams and African chain letters for the golden estate. Property Options is very real, very lucrative business IF… you work at it, research it and partner with the right people.

Lots of people that have lots of opinions on something they have never done……Guys if you want advice go and speak to 20 people that have done a property option. Go and speak to another 20 people that have done a property option with Massland. Don’t listen to people that have “read about it” or “spoken to a mate that did it” etc. This is not real life. Only seek advice from those that have blazed the trial. Anything else is “hear say” and you may as well ring a 1900 Physic hotline and ask them.

Good luck with it. Now is a great time to be in the market for options as people are very willing to negotiate and if you offer them more than the property is valued at (providing you know there is massive upside in the development profits when you are done) then you will find the deals and people are agreeing to 2 year option deals as they think it may be worth a whole lot less in 2 years. You add value, develop (or sell to developer) and everyone wins.

More information – http://www.PropertyOptionsExposed.com

Get into it:)

Profile photo of jamjamjamjam
    @jamjam

Hi Quantum Leap,

Did you get anywhere with your search for  a 'mentor' in the property options world? I too like the idea of property options as a property investing strategy but am desperate to find as much information as possible at the moment, through forums like this one and the internet in general.

Hi Paul, do you have any interest in expanding into WA in the future…are you still looking for partners who are interested in property options to mentor? I have a full time job at the moment which I would be unable to leave unless I had adequate replacement income. I am prepared to put in the hours though to build up the experience and knowledge that would be required just the same as any other job. Like QL above I am prepared to start working for an agreed % split and see what happens from there.

I realise the numbers can sound really good but on the flipside there is a huge amount of time and effort required too. I am a realist and understand the nature of options and derivatives in general and although not a mainstream investment strategy, I believe this is an area that I could learn and excel in.

I would welcome any feedback from you guys.

Cheers

JamJam

Profile photo of TelejazzerTelejazzer
    @telejazzer

Hi guys,

I'm looking for people to discuss Property Options with. PM me.

Cheers,

Freddy

Profile photo of BibbzterBibbzter
    Participant
    @bibbzter

Has anyone else been involved with http://www.propertyoptions.com.au ???

6000$ seems a lot to start out if you're not sure that you're being scammed…

If they are serious and sure you are going to make huge profits why not take that money out of
    your profits when you start making money?

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I'm sure that their line will be "we need to make sure that you are serious about doing this rather than wasting our time. If you put some money into it then you will be more motivated to find the right deals". This is the typical message of this type of promoter.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Bibbzter, you seem very keen and enthusiastic to make some money in the property game. You will find it very hard to use most strategies for the following reasons:
    1. Hard to access bank funds
    2. Not a very high income
    3. Low / no savings
    4. Not a permanent resident
    5. Moving to Spain in a year (which you also seem to think will suck in any extra cash you may get)
    6. Don't appear to have any experience

When you put these things together I think it is very hard to make things work for you.

However… there is a realistic strategy that I think you are in a position to do, as someone that appears time rich and cash poor. You could try "bird dogging". This means you charge a fee for finding excellent buys for those that are cash rich and time poor. They would tend to be properties where you have negotiated a low purchase price that provides both equity and positive cash flow. I have never done it myself but I imagine for a great deal you may be able to get perhaps $1k-$5k. Others with experience in such deals may be able to give you more information on it.

Not trying to discourage you, but thought that this may point you in the right direction to get some money behind you at least in the short term.

Good luck,
    Matt

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Bird dogging is fine however in a lot of States in OZ you need to be licensed Qld is one of these.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BibbzterBibbzter
    Participant
    @bibbzter

Hey again.

Matt. I hear what you're saying and I feel I'm getting shot down everywhere I go. I really want to get a foot in the door somehow
    and be able to learn from someone who is making a good profit on property (developing, flipping or renting out)

I've never heard of Bird Dogging. Have to do some research on it.

Any suggestions where I might find some good info on it and what I would have to do to get a license for it if necessary?

How do you find the cash rich money poor people??

And where can I find a good mentor that will take me under his wing and show me how it's done? I'm willing to work for knowledge (and maybe a small salary) but the more research I'm doing the more it feels like 99% of the Real Estate Gurus are Scammers and they all want loads of money up front :( It's really hard to separate the genuine from the fakes.

Profile photo of AnthonySAnthonyS
    Participant
    @anthonys

Has anyone here purchased the Mark Rolton homestudy package & had success with it? Be interested to hear feedback both negative & positive.

Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.