All Topics / Help Needed! / lighting gas hot water

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I have some tennants who complain sometimes of not having hot water. The agent sends out the plumber who re lights the gas and sends me the bill.

Now I know in my own home when it is really windy the light does go out but it's hardly rocket science to simply relight it. I'm going out there tomorrow to light it for them but it is a 50 minute trip.

Is it too much to expect the tennants to do this one simple task that any one of my kids can do? Or does it fall into the 'too difficult for tennants basket' like having to change a smoke detector battery that could save their wretched lives.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hey Miily. I would suggest take what has happened so far 'on the chest', but arrange to show them (or all who live there) how to do it, step by step, even blow it out and get them to have a practice or two while you are there, smile, be nice, and advice them this is not covered as a repair, and there is no need for them to pay someone else to do (which they will do next time for that reason) it as they have just seen how easy it is….ball is then in their court, and then I'm sure you will have no more probs.

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

If they struggle with the concept you can also ensure they are aware the only other solution is to replace the system with an electric one. This would increase the cost of hot water….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.