All Topics / Help Needed! / Who draws up a contract note?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of crystalleezcrystalleez
    Participant
    @crystalleez

I want to make an offer on my first investment property first thing on monday. Ive been reading alot about the process and now I've gotten confused. Who wrties up this contract? Or is it already made and I just fill in the blanks? I want to make the offer subject too a few clauses. I.e subject to finance, building and pest inspections and, subject too property inspection being satisfactory too the purchaser.
    How do I go about this? Can I email the REA my offer, and my terms above so that on monday there will be a new contract drawn up? Or do I write one up myself?….Or do I have to hire a conveyencor/solicitor?…

Can anyone help clear this up??

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

In NSW the contract has already been written by the vendor.  You just check that you are happy with it and insert the agreed price and sign.

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there
    it can depend upon the state your in and what information you have to hand. 
    Often when we make an offer on a contract we specify all the terms and conditions that we want to have in the contract.
    Often the agent will come back to us and say – it should be an offer on an actual contract – so we then go ahead and prepare a contract which we have signed up which has the terms and conditions we want – there will be gaps – as we won't have done all the relevant searches – but there is enough information about the important aspects so the Vendor can go ahead and sign up.
    thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.