All Topics / Help Needed! / Homes R Us

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of benbrophybenbrophy
    Participant
    @benbrophy

Has anyone had any dealings with kit homes done by Homes R Us???

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

No who are they?

Profile photo of benbrophybenbrophy
    Participant
    @benbrophy

They are a group in Bundaberg. Just about to build with them and wanted to check to see if anyone else has heard/dealt with them. Saw that you were working for an Investment Property Management, have you heard of Multiown???

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Anything with an "R Us" on the end of it you've gotta hate.

has anyone started up "CFP Properties R Us" yet?

I think I'll register the name now – gotta be a winner.

Profile photo of MelLouiseMelLouise
    @mellouise

Hi

We're now in a similar situation and I have just googled 'homes R us' and practically nothing comes up except this post! Just wondering if you did end up building with them and how it all went? Are they a new company?

Profile photo of benbrophybenbrophy
    Participant
    @benbrophy

Hi, I went ahead with them and so far so good. The house completes in 2 weeks which is pretty much spot on with what they said. They are not a new company and have done a lot of work up in Bundaberg. In summary, I have been very happy with them. Hope that helps.

Profile photo of luke1982luke1982
    @luke1982

Hi,

I dont think they're just in bundy. I'm a concrete pumper and i remember doing a job for them on the gold coast.  All i can say from my experience with them is the foundation on this particular property was really good, deep and a lot of concrete went into it.  The only thing i could say is that we did it in the rain and there was a lot of mud which i dont think is too good for the foundation.

regards,
    Luke

Profile photo of corr picconecorr piccone
    Participant
    @corr-piccone

HI Guys I have heard of Homes are us as they have bought a number of blocks in the subdivision that we work in in Dalby in the Surat Basin. They have settled quite a few in earlier stages and apparently are also buying out in Chinchilla. I am curious what price they are selling at as they are our competition. My company is blue horizons property consultants or check us out on http://www.bluehorizonsproperty.com/info_on_dalby.php We build 220 m2 brick houses on 890-1000m2 blocks in Dalby for $343,500 (117,500 for the land and 226,000 for the build) turnkey which rent for $530-550pw. We are happy to send anyone our plans for comparisons. Helene and I have been working in the Dalby area for a year and a half, we only use the suspended slabs for our brick and colorbond houses. This is very important in Dalby as the soil is quite reactive. This means if they don’t use a suspended slab the slab will crack up and no local will buy one. A suspended slab is a 600 ml thick slab with 6 meter concrete peirs holding it stable. Obviously this is much more expensive than a raft or wafflepod slab which are unproven on this soil type. Our houses come complete with turf fencing a/c dishwashers and window furnishing. We help you through the whole building process and final inspections depreciation schedules as well as monitor it until rented.
    We look forward to seeing if we can do a better deal.
    Kind regards, Corr

Profile photo of Lisa PeltzLisa Peltz
    @lisa-peltz
    corr piccone wrote:
    HI Guys I have heard of Homes are us as they have bought a number of blocks in the subdivision that we work in in Dalby in the Surat Basin. They have settled quite a few in earlier stages and apparently are also buying out in Chinchilla. I am curious what price they are selling at as they are our competition. My company is blue horizons property consultants or check us out on http://www.bluehorizonsproperty.com/info_on_dalby.php We build 220 m2 brick houses on 890-1000m2 blocks in Dalby for $343,500 (117,500 for the land and 226,000 for the build) turnkey which rent for $530-550pw. We are happy to send anyone our plans for comparisons. Helene and I have been working in the Dalby area for a year and a half, we only use the suspended slabs for our brick and colorbond houses. This is very important in Dalby as the soil is quite reactive. This means if they don't use a suspended slab the slab will crack up and no local will buy one. A suspended slab is a 600 ml thick slab with 6 meter concrete peirs holding it stable. Obviously this is much more expensive than a raft or wafflepod slab which are unproven on this soil type. Our houses come complete with turf fencing a/c dishwashers and window furnishing. We help you through the whole building process and final inspections depreciation schedules as well as monitor it until rented. We look forward to seeing if we can do a better deal. Kind regards, Corr
    Profile photo of geenieegeeniee
    @geeniee

Hi, i came across the question about HOMES R US and decided to add my input. I have heard of them, I actually built an investment property with them in Branyan Park estate in Bundaberg about 2 years ago. We were perfectly happy with them for our investment. Price was good, built on time, no issues. They had probably a dozen plans we could choose from and half a dozen colour ways for inside and out, all very modern options, which made it very quick and easy to select and get moving. As for the plan, we selected and built a 4 bed house with formal/informal living areas plus a media room. We made a few changes to the plan, which they did happily without charge. This project was done in conjunction with our financial advisor from QSA Financial Services, who organised the finance side for us and kept on top of the project, even took a trip to Bundaberg with us to check everything out during the build. The only issue we had was they missed detail on the design covenant which said property had to be rendered. When this was discovered the build was already underway, and Homes R Us covered the cost of the render, admitting it was his error. So that resolved happily from our side.

The house rented immediately and we’ve been lucky enough to retain the same tenants ever since. As for costs, house and land was $310k and rents for $340/wk.

I have just purchased a block of land on the Gold Coast to build my own home and am in discussions with Homes R Us – they asked to quote on our build. Doing owner occupier is new for them – they’ve only done 4 so far – but one was a huge Hedges Ave project so they can do the top-end when they need to. Currently I’m undecided if I’ll proceed with them on the job though, as they are novice at this type of build. However, I wouldn’t hesitate to build investment in Bundy with them again.

I do agree though – the company name sounds particularly dodgy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.