All Topics / Legal & Accounting / NSW Exclusive agency agreement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of latinozlatinoz
    @latinoz

Hi alll !

First I like to say I'm still very new to this forums so please pardon my mistakes.

I have a property for sale here in Sydney and has just come out of the 90(exact) days exclusive agency agreement. That is, it's now in the default, so called, "continuing agency period" or (non-exclusive agency period).

I have not seen any tangible real results from the current REA at all and need to look for better pastures elsewhere (get e new REA involved).

Does any one know if I have to give the current REA, 30 days notice in NSW?… or can I just give a one day notice to terminate the services?.. what is the danger or best process you can suggest?

Funny enough I called the REInstitute of NSW as well as Fair Trade Com and the answer was very blurry.

Has anyone had any experience or challange along these lines and is willing to share that?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

You would probably need to terminate the agreement in writing! I would send them a letter stating that and get them to confirm IN WRITING that it has been terminated!

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Hey what happened to my signature and the rest of my posts????? I had over 1000 :(

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Xenia – Hey, it must be contagious, as I have gone from around 180 down to 82 or something. I'm guessing there is something built into the software that automatically deletes any posts where the 'postee' has consumed alcohol first (although that would put me down around the 4 mark …seriously, teething probs I imagine.

Now – Latinoz, you MUST make sure you advise them in writing that you wish to 'terminate' the exclusive part of the agreement. Put it nicely if you intend to keep them also. Check out your contract – it is written clearly on the front page. Hope you sell it…..

Profile photo of latinozlatinoz
    @latinoz

Hi all.

I'll submit the notice in writting for sure but do I have to give the REA  30 day notice in the NON-exclusive period? 

although what can the REA possibly do?… put out a contract on me? or turn up at the open house incognito and pass ugly comments to possible buyers?

Thanks Xenia.  v8ghia stay away from the alcohol… give it all to me, I may need it shortly !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.