All Topics / Finance / Loan Types

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of strawberrystrawberry
    @strawberry

Just how many different loan types are there (for both property investment and PPOR) apart from the standard provided by banks?

The other day I heard about a “bill” or a “30 day bill” – which I haven’t been able to get any further info on just googling.

Does anyone have any info on these and also what other unusual loans are out there – that are worth considering.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry
    The other day I heard about a “bill” or a “30 day bill” – which I haven’t been able to get any further info on just googling.

Most commercial loans are benchmarked off bank bills, they don’t have any relevence to residntial loans.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

There are probably only 3 broad types of loans:
    Principle and Interest (PI)
    Interest Only (IO)
    Line of Credit (LOC)

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of RhysQLDRhysQLD
    Participant
    @rhysqld

Just to expand on APerry's comment about bank bills. These are generally for commercial facilities, the bank bill rates are considered as the lender's cost of funds and they charge on a margin above these. 30/90day bank bills are used for variable facilities and 1/3/5 BBSW etc. are used for fixed term facilities.

Bank bills are market traded instruments that are influenced by the 'markets' assessment of future interest rates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.