All Topics / Help Needed! / bad tenants

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of veronicajohnveronicajohn
    @veronicajohn

i have a evestment property that I have rented to a young couple and they have not paid rent for some time I have given all the right paper work to evict them out but still refuse to leave. Can anyone sent me a copy of there paper they use to evict bad tenants or give me some advice on what to do now thankyou
    veronica[angry2]

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Perhaps try contacting your local authority:

WA Tenants Advice Service http://www.taswa.org
    WA Consumer & Employment Protection http://www.docep.wa.gov.au

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of winitmwinitm
    @winitm

hello;
    I would like to share my experience with you, however I do not
    recommend you do anything i did.
    this is what happened to me. the tenants did not pay rent for two and half months. took them to the tribunal court who ordered the tenents to pay monies oweing. tenents did not pay outstanding money and had to take the tenents to the tribunal a second time. The tribunal allowed the tenents a further one months stay after pleading hardship and they had to vacate the premises. Of course outstanding money was not paid.
    To get the outstanding money owed to me I had to approach the magistrate court with the tribunal order identifying that the tenents owed me over 4000 dollars. Before going to the magistrate court i had to get the order witnessed by the local police station and i had to know where the tenents had moved to before the magistrate court would give me a application for a sheriff to go to the tenents
    premises and issue the warrant. after doing all this the sherriff came back and told me the warrant was issued but their was
    nothing he could claim because the the law states you cannot
    take immediate essentials from people. i.e if they had two cars
    under their names i could take one.On top of that the warrant only lasts one year. So after a long process i learnt never to go through courts as they only help the tenent.
    This has also happened to me a second time, but i did not go through a realestate or courts. I took matters into my own hands. The tenents new that after 2 weeks of non payment they would be evicted. How did i do this I moved in when they were at work and put their items on the road. I have a large family.

for tenent selection i strongly advise to
    -have building and contents/damage insurance
    -automatic payments into your account (if they have issues with this they may have issues paying)
    -know and verify where the tenents have worked for two years(are they reliable)
    -evidence of who they are (lisence, birthcertificate, passport)
    -no dogs (normally damage back yards/inside house)
    -inspection at least every six months (maybe damaging your house)
    -rental arrears-contact person 2, 3, 5 days by phone and send reminder letter. 10 day send final letter. 15 days send notice to vacate.

I live in Melbourne Australia. i know from experience if you do not know where the tenent has moved to you will have to pay someone to find them $$$$. Then if you do find them they will have to own two of the same item.
    thank you for a good question. What do all you realestate agents suggest.
    wish you all the best

regards michelle

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

hey Michelle I love your second option but gees wouldnt Today Tonite have a field day describing the big bad wolf er landlord.

I used to have tennants who were often a week or more late with their rent. What they don’t seem to realise is that if the money is not in the account, I get a $30 fine from the bank because I wasn’t able to make the mortgage repayment..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.