All Topics / General Property / opinions about some flats – country?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

http://www.remax-wagga-nsw.com.au/results.aspx?class=0&agtid=4249&proptype=0&propdesc=ANY&pricefrom=0&priceto=500000000&gargpark=0&beds=ANY&baths=ANY&order=A&perpage=10&postcode=2656&surrounding=1

Hi, I am not sure if we are supposed to do this, so please delete me moderator if I am not!

I am looking at a lot of different property in the southern NSW area, and this one is a bit unusual. I have spoken to some locals who have told me that before renos these had around 60-70% occupancy, but recently the 6 x 1 beds have been full much of the time, while 4 other 1 beds were being renovated to 2 brs, which are being advertised now. I see that fully occupied these would return 7.8% gross, and I figured around 7% nett after basic costs? (If I manage them myself) I am still learning and have not really done much more than look at other people’s costings here on the forum.

Could I pick anyone’s brains on these (if that is allowed, sorry if it is not!)

kjs

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi kjs

Units in the countryside! These are not something I would ever consider myself.

This deal looks rather expensive, what are comparable prices like there? The yield is not that good, you may only be making a few dollars cashflow after tax.

6 units on one title may mean more difficult to get finance – ANZ maybe good for this, but they would probably only lend 70%.

Are there any capital growth prospects?

On a positive note, you may be able to strata title them and sell them off individually.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

Thanks Terry. I think they are possibly a bit dear too, as the capital growth, while it has been good around that area in the last 5 years, is only following the city, but not as consistent. I wondered myself about the chance of further capital growth over the next 5 or 10, but I thought the return was not bad, compared to current Sydney & Melbourne returns, where the chances of capital growth are not that good either. The strata idea might be worth looking into. I appreciate your time in replying.[biggrin]

kjs

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

I would have thought overpriced, ie 60-70% average occupancy, 6 flats occupied = 60%. Is there a rental market for 2 br units. As the ad specifically refers to firewalls with the 2 br units, if you are interested in strataing the 1 br units check whether there are firewalls particularly in the roof cavities

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.