All Topics / Help Needed! / DEF (Defered Entry Fees)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

It seems that most lenders these days have high DEF’s.

My broker explained to me that all banks introduced them about 12-18 month ago.

Considering that I want to do short to medium term projects (6 month to 2 years), is there an effective way around them? Or are there any competitve products out there that do not charge them.

I can understand that lenders want to discourage refinancing, but if you sell a property it is quite different.

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

I see you are from my home town Adelaide have been in Brisbane now for 3 years. There are ways around these fees in your circumstances contact me via email or call and can discuss further

Wayne Skewes
    Mortgage Broker
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.eaussie.com.au/Mortgages/Aussie_Mortgage_Adviser.asp?ContentID=852280
    Refinace, Loan Consolidation, Owner Occupied or Investment Finance. Free Service I come to you!

Profile photo of BootlaceBootlace
    Participant
    @bootlace

Just a minor point but DEF usually stands for deferred establishment fees, means exactly the same thing i guess but if you come across this terminology in the future don’t be confused.

Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

Thanks bootlace, that was what I meant. Appreciate your clarification.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Bridgebuff. This is one of those things that is a trade off for lower rates. Most do only apply for 1 to 4 years, although a lot of banks have a flat fee (such as ANZ $700) regardless of how long the loan is taken out. While no doubt there are others around if you look, one loan I have written for people that is a fully fetaured loan (like a ‘bank’ standard variable loan – not a basic one) that has absolutely no DEF or DAF (deferred establishment or deferred application, deferred administration – same thing different lingo) and a lower interest rate than their loans is the Wizard Smart Choice loan product. This currently has an interest rate of 7.72%, with a comparison/true rate of 7.77%. If it saves you looking up general info you can find some at http://www.wizard.com.au/homeloans/product.aspx?productid=103&pathwayid=6 . of course, all fixed interest rate loans have very hefty penalties for early payouts. Some of the brokers may also have info on loans without significant DEF’s also. All the best. [strum]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You could also try Bankwest, the Lite Homeloan and the Lite Plus.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @bridgebuff

thanks guys, will look into it

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Try Members Equity. They work really well for me. I’ve never had to pay any fees with them apart from solicitors fees. I’ve used them for 4 mortgages.

Participant
    @bridgebuff

thanks millions, millions :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.