All Topics / Overseas Deals / property education san antonio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

As many of you know I am currently based in San Antonio in Texas. I am running a real estate group and a investment company. I am still seeing a lot of examplese of people buying the wrong property and paying to much for it. Next year we will consider conducting property eductaion in an Antonio for anyone who would like to visit. We will teach you all about the market here, assist with finance and a great accounting firm to assist with structures. Do not fly blind, nor take someones word see for yourself.
    If anyone is interested we are currently loking at expressions of interest.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au
    check out my new web site

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of csimonscsimons
    Participant
    @csimons

Good work Nigel. I couldnt agree with you more that Education is the key. Good on you for providing an educational service.

Like yourself our U.S based tours are also Educational Tours to show people the market and where to invest and not to invest. It’s important for people to see it for themselves because it is quite different than Australia as far as demographics are concerned.

It also then gives people the opportunity to decide whether its for them or not. My U.S business partner and I are currently also putting together an Educational C.D for investors as well which have have extensive information specifically on the U.S market and the markets that we have invested in. We hope this will also help people as far as the education process goes.

I am glad to see that you are focussed on providing educational tools as well mate so good luck with it all.

I hope things are working well for you over there to.

Regards

Chad

Providing Turnkey Real Estate Investments In The USA.
    We also provide Owner Finance in a new emerging market.

E-mail:[email protected]
    web: http://www.gr8realestateinvestments.com

ON SKYPE AT: chaddylansimons

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey Nigel,
    glad things are going well for u!

Have u included a property management company with yr business?
    What can u offer?
    This has been a bit of a battle finding people who have integrity
    and on top of the job.

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Property management is a real challenge. I have a personal agency looking for someone. I have some new partners who will be joint venturing with us for a new office. They will be providing finance and insurance. The actually understand investment finance. Finding a good broker is nearly as hard as property management. We will also be joint venturing a property management business. This is my no 1 proirity.

Nigel Kibel

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Great work nigel!
    The management of the whole lot is more important than most of it i reckon,
    so u can keep good repoor with the clients you are selling too.
    But yer it is a battle as a lot of the people who need to rent in the cheap to mid range areas are lower socio-economic so can be a handful to look after. If u run credit checks on them though and they have reasonably good ratings,there is less chance they are going to break a lease and suffer the consequences on their rating.

all the best to u guys over there ,great to hear things are progressing!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Sounds interesting over there:

“The new home market party started when Fortune magazine anointed San Antonio the nation’s strongest housing market, predicting an 8.3 percent home price appreciation in 2006, luring investors who helped push the market to record levels.”

“As a result, one segment of the real estate market already has a hangover: single-family home rentals. Out-of-town investors flooding into San Antonio this year have glutted the market with rental homes, and the average rent has dropped $202 a month since this time last year, from $1,301 to $1,099, according to the San Antonio Board of Realtors.”

Text, links and local observations here

F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

You are dead right foundation, all the more reason for checking your figures and looking carefully at the market. It would appear that californian investors are just as ignorante as some of the Australian investors. Do not waste your money. Their are plently of great opportunities here. Please do your research. If we offer courses and training here it will be to assist you in finding the right deal. Invest in your future, come here and see the market for yourself and we will show you the city and help you understand it.

Nigel Kibel

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of csimonscsimons
    Participant
    @csimons

Foundation,

In any real estate market where projections of a strong economy, high appreciation you can expect plenty of interest from investors. Especially in an Economy where house prices have soured and in many cases have dropped in value.

Certain parts of Texas which includes San Antonio is regarded to have “undervalued” real estate, however as you rightly pointed out, demand is high and there is an increase in both investor and owner occupied housing.

In regards to the drop in rental income, this is also true and homes are taking longer to rent out. What you need to be aware of though is that it all depends where you are investing and what market you are attracting. You quote that rents have dropped from $1301 to $1,099 according to the San Antonio Board of Realtors. I will assume that you are referring to monthly rents. You also quote “SINGLE FAMILY HOMES”.

My point is this. As an investor you wouldn’t want to be buying single family real estate in this market with markets rents like this. I am confident that single family properties with market rents over $1000USD per month will be in very good neighbourhoods and automatically you are cutting out lower to middle segment of the population where there is a need for housing.

Based on this specific figure that has been quoted, one has to ask if there report is based on a particular segment of the market as apposed to all of the areas and socio economic groups.

I work with very knowledgeable people in this market and I have also studied the market there very well and let me tell you, unless you are focussing on the lower to middle class neighbourhoods then yes you may have trouble leasing out your property. I am not suggesting that this market also hasn’t been flooded, but it is the majority of the market where housing is needed.

For single family homes in San Antonio, you don’t want to be purchasing properties where the rents are going to exceed $850 per month. That is the most we have ever received for rent for a single family home in the neighbourhoods that we focus on.

San Antonio certainly has received and is still receiving an extraordinary amount of attention and it is still an excellent market to be involved in. Due to the flooding though, there are still allot of people making lots of money as well. The key is to understand the market or deal with people that do because if you don’t then you can safely bet that you will probably get burnt.

I know several groups of people who buy and rehab homes etc in this market and I have spent time with them learning how they do it. Let me tell you none of them are focussing on higher end neighbourhoods which require such high rents.

Another major factor in this whole equation and one that you should get a stat on his what percentage of investors from out of state are paying “RETAIL” for there properties. It’s all in the “BUY” in most cases as well. There are heaps and heaps of wholesalers out there all across the U.S, not just Texas who find houses and try and off load them to investors or investment companies like ours for a fee. So many of these wholesalers are sharks and if you don’t know any better you could be paying more than what the property is even worth. “There is no need to buy property at retail prices”. If you want to make money, work with people on the ground that has access to good wholesalers. If you are just buying from realtors, yes you may be lucky to grab the occasional bargain but it won’t come along that often.
    In closing, yes I agree that demand has made it harder to lease out properties but definitely not to the point where it’s not worth while investing. It can take a little more work than previously to find tenants however we are still finding them. The main thing is to get an understanding if the demographics, what the socio economic climate is and where the demands and needs are focus buying houses in those areas. Stay away from the slum areas and form the higher income areas. Somewhere in the middle is where you want to be. If you are really serious about making a go of it, invest the time in paying a visit.
    One last thing doesn’t just think San Antonio, anywhere between San Antonio and the Mexican border to South Texas is growing and will perform very well.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Regards

Chad

Providing Turnkey Real Estate Investments In The USA.
    We also provide Owner Finance in a new emerging market.

E-mail:[email protected]
    web: http://www.gr8realestateinvestments.com

ON SKYPE AT: chaddylansimons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.