All Topics / Value Adding / subdivision and town plan permit cost?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JLillianJLillian
    @jlillian

I’m newbie to reno, please help me:
    how much would cost to apply for subdivision and town plan permit(darebin council)? how long would it take to approve? If the application cannot pass, any refund?
    Many thanks!

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Redfox,

The cost of town planning depends on the project, whether you employ decent consultants or go for the cheapest you can find, timing will depend on similer issues. For a simple dual occ development you can look at $4-5k for a good town planning consultant and probably around $7k for the plans. You will need some other consultants such as a surveyor, but these will not cost nearly as much. Minimum time period will be 3 months, more realisticly 6 months and as much as 12 months in the worst case.

You can do things far cheaper than this, but you will most probably pay in terms of an inferior end product, greater lead time and more chance of your application being unsuccessful.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi all

These are the costs I got 2 weeks ago for subdividing a block in Perth. these costs came from a surveyor.

Paper work / council stuff
    His costs $6000-7000, this covers paperwork side ie: all the stuff the council needs for an application from permits to surveys and thetitle office stuff.

work commencement stuff
    He then said the head costs (I think thats the term) ie demolition, connection of water / electricity / gas / sewer etc $13000-14000

The total tobudget to get building stage or selling off the blocks is $25000.00

I have only approached 1 surveyor at this stage to get a rough idea may be cheaper else where. This costing was for a straight forward subdivision. I believe Strata to be cheaper

Celeste

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Hi Redfox

Celeste’s figures are about right for Adelaide also. I generally budget $25K for Torrens titling. Can come in a little less but can also come in more if the water and sewer connections are more than normal.

Mum

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Sorry Folks

I should have also added that demolition depends on what is being demolished and whether asbestos is involved. Can be up to $10K on top of the rest. My builder includes it in his price rather than my having to arrange for it myself so when I budget $25K for subdivision, that doesn’t include demolition.

Mum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.