All Topics / Help Needed! / Heading to Bankruptcy :O(

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

You are posting just fine Cazza.

Heres a few ideas:

Advertise the 2br unit in Homebush for
    “$530,000 WITH SPECIAL 4% FINANCE (for first year).” Just get agent to whack a 4% financing bit in the ad. Make sure it stands out.

The buyer will still get his normal financing from bank which would be about 7.5% at the moment.
    He may borrow 80% LVR which would be a loan of $424,000.
    Interest Repayments of $611 approx per week.BUT>>>> because you are offering that the buyer will only be paying 4% in the first year, his repayments will drop to $326 approx per week.!!!! You will sell this QUICK!!

All it will cost you is 3.5% of $424000 = $14840. So you are effectively getting $515,160 for unit..
    Simply pay this money into an account at settlement and instruct the buyer to have his loan draw partly out of this for each repayment for 1 year. You just write one cheque which comes from the money you were paid anyway.

ALTERNATIVELY,–

Advertise some of your properties with “No deposit needed”.. And then when a buyer comes to you, that is short on deposit. Simply get a property lawyer to write up a contract whereby the buyer pays you the deposit over a period of time (whatever you are comfortable with and can negotiate).

So one way will get you buyers who want to save $300 bucks a week.

The other way will get you buyers who haven’t quite got a deposit.

Whack these into your advertising. Make sure they REALLY stand out.

GO GO GO

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Very good ideas LifeX.

Cazza I don’t know if you have settled on the unit that you have just sold in Homebush Bay but if not and there is some cash left after discharging the loan etc. then put it into an offset account tied to the loan on your home in Lake Macquarie.

At the moment this is non tax deductable debt. I suggest putting it into an offset account rather than paying it down because at one stage you might consider renting out your home for a couple of years rather than selling it. You could then move the money out of the offset account to maximise your deductible debt for that period.

You can rent out your home for up to 6 years without attracting CGT.

Cheers
    Elka

Profile photo of CazzaCazza
    Participant
    @cazza
    Originally posted by lifeX:

Heres a few ideas:

“$530,000 WITH SPECIAL 4% FINANCE (for first year).” Just get agent to whack a 4% financing bit in the ad. Make sure it stands out.

The buyer will still get his normal financing from bank which would be about 7.5% at the moment.
    Interest Repayments of $611 approx per week.BUT>>>> because you are offering that the buyer will only be paying 4% in the first year, his repayments will drop to $326 approx per week.!!!! You will sell this QUICK!!

All it will cost you is 3.5% of $424000 = $14840. So you are effectively getting $515,160 for unit..
    Simply pay this money into an account at settlement and instruct the buyer to have his loan draw partly out of this for each repayment for 1 year. You just write one cheque which comes from the money you were paid anyway.

ALTERNATIVELY,–

Advertise some of your properties with “No deposit needed”.. And then when a buyer comes to you, that is short on deposit. Simply get a property lawyer to write up a contract whereby the buyer pays you the deposit over a period of time (whatever you are comfortable with and can negotiate).

GO GO GO

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Cazza

Participant
    @cazza

Thanks Lifexperience

Sounds good positive advice I will move on it straight away and let you know how it is received.

So after the 1 year period – I would imagine my role would cease and they pay the full interest amount themselves.?????

Cazza

Originally posted by lifeX:

Heres a few ideas:

ALTERNATIVELY,–

GO GO GO

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Cazza

Participant
    @cazza

Another very good idea from you Elka. I would have just tried to get my debt down on my home (if that was the last to go) however you have now given me further information which will be valuable in the times ahead. 1 sold in Homebush Bay but at a $50K loss. The 2nd one hopefully will give me something to work with as you suggest.

Cazza

Originally posted by elkam:

Very good ideas LifeX.

Cazza I don’t know if you have settled on the unit that you have just sold in Homebush Bay but if not and there is some cash left after discharging the loan etc. then put it into an offset account tied to the loan on your home in Lake Macquarie.

At the moment this is non tax deductable debt. I suggest putting it into an offset account rather than paying it down because at one stage you might consider renting out your home for a couple of years rather than selling it. You could then move the money out of the offset account to maximise your deductible debt for that period.

You can rent out your home for up to 6 years without attracting CGT.

Cheers
    Elka

Cazza

Participant
    @cazza

Hi Gelf,
    I guess you are right, but didn’t bury my head in the sand, 3 of the properties were on the market for nearly a year. Perhaps should have got on here sooner to get some of the wonderful advice that this forum and its members have given to me.
    Cheers
    Cazza

Originally posted by GelF:

…if you do nothing then that is what you are left with.

…Only 1 Month of payments left! surely must have seen this comming…

…perhaps thought that someone would *give* an easy way out…(tha bank did)

Cazza

@elkam

Hello Cazza

Good to see you posting. It gives us a chance to support and encourage you.

Have you spoken to your bank manager yet and was he helpful with a business plan? I’m sure many of us would be interested if you are willing to share this.

It’s not up to your real estate agent to say what they think of LifeX s’ suggestions. It’s up to you to tell them what you want. You could even ask him to put a heading in saying something like

“Forget interest rate rises for a year”

Anything to make your property more attractive to the buyer than all the others on the market in the area.

Your worst case senario would be that the buyer borrows 106% of the purchase price ($561,800) and that interest rates immediatly went up by 1% …. highly improbable … but even in this senario the interst for the year would cost you $25,281 which is well within the $30,000 that you are willing to drop the price by. Naturally if the buyer gets a better interest than 7.5% your share will be smaller than 3.5%.

After working out about how much interest you would be up for, I would put this into an offset account against your private home loan and instruct your bank to transfer the difference in interest to the buyers loan account each fortnight/month for 12 months. This way your saving yourself some non tax deductible debt at the same time.

The interst you pay on the buyers behalf should be tax deductible for you. Check with your accountant on this.

Yes, after a year the purchaser would just pay the full interest themselves. Naturally this needs to be correctly stated in the sales contract so you need to speak to your lawyer to get this right.

Are your advertisments on realestate.com. Are your agents being active enough on your behalf or have they given up.

Rooting for you [thumbsupanim]

Elka

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

if you wanted to subsidise the buyers interest rate. Simply write a cheque at settlement for the amount of interest you are going to discount.

The buyer can then put this in their account that has loan repayments deducted from it.

After you write out cheque at settlement . you no longer have anything to do with it.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

@elkam

Hello LifeX

How would that work if interest rates went up before the year was up.?

Cheers [smiling]
    Elka

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi cazza
    very interesting to see you are getting good advice bit of a worry that you haven’t had a chat with your lenders yet thats the first stop for me.
    but with regards to the interest I would tell the purchaser that you will reduce the price via vendor finace for the interest for the 12 months this doesn’t affect the purchase price but they then have this money in there account at settlement it get rid of any problems for you and they think its great f interest rates move well thats life and because you have vendor financed the interest they can factor this in as part of there deposit.
    so far the advice is great you do from your posts look like you are at full steam and thats good.
    one little bit of advice that was told to me by a little bird was to talk to a real estate and instead of offering 1% commission offer 3% it costs you 15k more but get them to increase the value that you need by this amount it won’t hurt
    but there are alot of real estate agent that have overseas investors that are looking for property for lots of different reasons and if the commission is some thing different that push there clients your way.
    hope all works out well.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]
    currently looking for up front money at 15% p/a pm me if you wish

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

hi Elkham,

You specify that you will discount by 3.5% at the current int. rates.

If the rates go up, you’re still discounting by 3.5%.

So your amount is not affected.[:D]

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of tony wpbtony wpb
    @tony-wpb

Hello Cazza,

have you done tax variation with the ATO to minimixe your weekly hold cost?

Also i suggest you consider refinancing , there are lenders that would offer 1% off standard variable , just renegotiated myself. This can make a substantial difference. Call SFS 03 9882 3400 they lend on other states as i too have properties in various states.

A good football saying is “winners never quit and quitters never win”…

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.