All Topics / General Property / Good News and Bad news

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

I got a call from one of my property managers this afternoon, who started by saying “I’ve got some good news and some bad news”.

The good news:
    PM :The tenant in unit 1 has repainted the unit at his own expense transformed the court yard and fixed the bathroom vanity that the laminate was all split and chipped on. The place looks fantastic, I’ve taken some photos for you so see. It looks so much beter than your place next door. I thik he has a lady friend that he is trying to impress and did the place up.

ME: Fantastic, thats no problem with me, good timing I was planning on getting the units revalued.

PM: You will love it, it looks great. Ummm..Now the bad news…… There has been a fire.

ME: What ?

PM: It’s not too bad, but I didn’t know how to tell you. The tenants car had an electrical fire why he was out, it was locked in the garage. He wasn’t home a neighbour called the Fire Brigade. They couldn’t get in so the ripped off the security door, and kicked the front door in. The garage is pretty bad, they had to rip the roof off to make sure there was still no embers up there. The walls are pretty dirty too, because they rubbed there hands all over them to make sure there wasn’t a fire inside the walls. But the tenant used a good paint and it should cleen up easily. The car is a write-off. I’ve got photos of it for you and the rest of the place, it still looks really good though. Are you insured ?

ME: Yes, but the bulk of the damage should be coverred under the Body Corporate insurance. The unit is fully furnished, that stuff will be covered by my contents insurance. Can you call the Strata Managers an arrange insurance and repair requirements ?

PM: Sure, I’ll get back to you when I’ve sorted it out, and know what’s going on.

I think I put in a post to someone this morning, Have a good property manager an make sure you have insurance, then you don’t have to stress about your property. I didn’t see this one coming !!! But stand by what I said.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Don’t worry Mal. They will fix it up and it will look better than before – so you can put up the rent!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.