All Topics / General Property / Brisbane Masterclass

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you went to the Brisbane Masterclass today? My wife and I were quite close to buying tickets, but in the end felt we just couldn’t justify the expense at this stage. But we made a pact that if we achieve our short term goals in the next couple of months, we’ll go to the one in Sydney in May.

So my question is – for those of you who went to this one today, what did you think? Did it meet expectations? Surpass them? Worth the money?

Any thoughts you may have would be great to hear.

Cheers,

Adam

Oasis Finance
    for your Vendor Finance solutions
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Anyone?[blink]

Oasis Finance
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of rem2rem2
    @rem2

[thumbsup2]
    Hi there Adam,
    My husband and I went to the Brisbane Master Class yesterday and it was fantastic; thought provoking; funny; very professional; with massive AH-HA moments; and it has given me huge amounts of confidence to be apart of the investing world with my husband.
    I have been one of those partners i often read about in the forum pages that are a little..actually ..no..really scared of the whole investing thing and have had to be dragged kicking and screaming to see anything or read anything on investing.
    Meeting Steve and Dave was wonderfull and they explained everything simply but in depth; showed how to go about solving problems; looking for the profit in deals and basically told it how it is. I have been on the phone all this morning setting up appointments with our bank manager; solicitor; tax accountant and financial planner.
    I thoroughly recommend to you to go to the sydney masterclass. I FINIALLY know what my husband is on about!!!

Participant
    @adambc

rem*2,

Thanks very much for your comments! It’s great to see that you learned so much and came away so motivated. Best of luck with getting out there and putting it all into practice!

Does anyone else who attended have comments?

Cheers,

Adam

Oasis Finance
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

G’day Adam!

I attended the Master Class yesterday after having read “$1M IN PROPERTY IN ONE YEAR” back in Melbourne in June 2005.

I must say at this point that i am a fierce sceptic of “conferences/seminars” like this, also of this type of book and material in general.

I have been burnt in business and property deals but always held my head up.

Reading Steve’s book last year believe it or not, changed my life though I was still sceptical of the “seminar” which I had booked into…

I was still considering not going at 2 am sunday morning and honestly sat towards the rear of the room with a very subjective mind…

Steve and David would be the most genuine, honest and affably aproachable millionaires i have ever met. It was immediately obvious to me that niether of these reletively young men have a background in either public speaking or shmoozing, seeming to be almost shy and certainly nervous in a way that can only reveal true intent…This for them being simply to assist others to achieve what they have in the property market, no shmalminess or pretention on any level…

I went with the aim of gaining motovation both on a personal and proffesional level. 10 hours in that aircon room is not my idea of fun, I climb big trees with big chainsaws for a living and litterally hate being indoors and was a bloody failure at school for that reason, yesterday I was made to feel welcome, accepted and comfortable and was impressed with the diversity of the populace within the room, not only leaving with the desired motivation but also with the keys to why my life has gone round in circles…

Yesterday was certainly not a high powered big bang stylised motivation hype event, it was difficult for people to keep up with the level of information being given though the work book was thick and detailed with plenty of room to note take…

I am still today at 6 pm in recoil mode from yesterday, I own two copies of each of Steves books and have studied them religiously which i believe put me in good stead for absorbing all the info spoken about yesterday, I wish I had been able to take my girlfriend as i am sure it would have inspired her to read Steves books and reconsider the purchase of her “pretty commision flat” (Tenneriffe) as Steve might put it…

If you have a goal you want to achieve in attending the Master Class then I believe you will more than achieve this.

If your into being spoon fed and pampered dont go…If you want to be confronted and possibly motivated into immediate action get yourself down to the next Master Class as these are the last of their kind! (Yesterday was filmed for this very reason and will be on sale at around $600 a pop!)

All proceeds from Steves books and all the back end tools and software, as I am to understand from Steves moving revelation yesterday, apparently have gone into a charitable foundation Steve and Dave set up which now has a bank balance of around $700,000!! This information was enough for me to be convinced my money was well spent!

Adam, if you would like to discuss yesterday further i am more than happy to email, messenger, chat on the phone or catch up, Steve and Dave inspire my naturally generous spirit as I am sure they do with most people they meet…

I am also interested in your vendor finance solutions.

sincerely, Jarrah

Profile photo of Peta41Peta41
    @peta41

Hi Adam
    by using the code in the back off the book, you’ll do it for a pair for under $1000. that being said for our 1300 it was the best value kick in the rear and start up with a good mix of tools as well added.

so much so, I was one of several people who unashamedly begged to be short listed for Dave Bradley’s mentor program when also being a sceptic.

as Jarrah said (nice timber!) , if you don’t want to be directly challenged then save your cash and have a nice weekend away.

other than that, have a nice half a weekend away and sydney and do this course.

Guess what book made the bedside table last night? and today was the conversation with the employer about a 40 hour 4 day week so we can start making effort for us.

all the best

Participant
    @adambc

Peta,

Good to hear from you, and great to hear of another person who came away from the day feeling motivated and excited!

I must also say – good on you for rethinking the amount of time you spend at your work. I sincerely hope that you find that this accelerates your learning and investing career! My lovely wife recently did exactly the same thing, and she hasn’t looked back since. I’m sure you will find that it is definitely worth the slight pay cut you may receive, and then some!

All the best!

Adam

Oasis Finance
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of basilbasil
    Participant
    @basil

Hi there anyone…

I am a new comer to this site and to the Steve & Dave show. I am still reading my way through ‘From 0-130 Properties in 3.5 years’, and already I am completely convinced that this is the path my family needs to take.

I have never jumped quickly into anything before, however this does not seem frightening at all – in fact it all seems to make perfect sense.

I just don’t know how to start, or if in fact we can. We are currently in our own home owned by the bank of course – but we are considering renting it out (unfortunately – negative cashflow), and using the equity in the property to purchase our first positive cashflow property – if we can find one!.
    We do not have any money saved, but do have our spending under control and the banks have said we could borrow up to $200000.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
    Thanks
    Kirsten[biggrin]

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

basil Hi there!

I think we will get a group going in Bris, besides that read read and read!

Oh and ask and you shall recieve!

Sincerely, Jarrah. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have…

p.s. Building relationships is paramount, hand in hand with asking for what you want…

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Hi Jarrah we were sitting at the same table !! I was not so impressed with the seminar and found it targeted “newbies” more so than more experienced investors. I felt it went over the basics quite well but didn’t really tackle any new ground for me. I’m a retired tax accountant (15 yrs) so I found the number crunching more valuable and would have liked to have seen more of this, and some live case studies. It was great to mingle with other like minded people and I made some good contacts.
    On a seperate note I’v been sick for the last 24 hours with what seems like food poisoning. Anyone else get sick ?

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

Hi Kirsten,
    everyone is in the same position as you when they start….you will find once you make the first step you will be more comfortable and confident!!
    Dont rent out your home if you can avoid it as you will not receive the tax advantages on it. If you can, stay where you are and purchase a positive cash flow property… You dont need much money to get started. I just paid $500 deposit on a property and $440 for the building inspection and the rest I am borrowing from the bank (other peoples money).
    Start looking at typical areas (eg: Mt isa) where you can find pos cash flow properties easily, once you have conquered that, then get more creative.
    Read through all the posts on this site as there is heaps of good info……..
    Never stop reading or going to seminars when you can afford them.
    There is always more to be learnt when it comes to investing.
    :)

TD

Participant
    @adambc

Hi again everyone,

Great to hear so many comments from so many different people. And thanks Amanda for your comment – it’s good to get a different point of view.

Kirsten – a quick answer to your question “how do we start”. I would suggest first reading Steve’s second book – $1M in Property in One Year. His first book was written during the boom, while the second was written in 04 in a very different climate. He has some very good points in the 2nd book, including the “new” equation – (Problem + Solution = Profit). So that’s the first step!

Next, have a look at my comments in the links below. I don’t pretend to be an expert in this, but these thoughts may give you something to work from!

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22508

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/22450/2.html?sortfield=&sortorder=

I hope that helps. All the best!

Adam

Oasis Finance
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

I drove 3 hours to be there from NSW, stayed overnight (another $100 + food) and stayed for a while after it to chat to the organisers and got home at 11.30pm! A big effort, but well worth it. I dont have any IPs yet, so I think it would be more useful to newer investors .The future masterclasses after this year apparently will have more case studies and might help more experienced people.
    This is not a seminar to make you feel good and give you a pat on the back. I found it did confront me to question where I am up to and why I havent made more progress. Lack of time! It was a message that there are no excuses. If I need more time, and I really WANT this investing life, then I have to CREATE the time by taking it from somewhere else, be that work or hobbies or whatever.
    The cost is well worth it, if action is taken! Dont look at the cost, look at the benefits if it is put into action!

NO ACTION NO RESULTS
    BIG ACTION BIG RESULTS

My time starts now.
    It would be a good idea if some participants from the weekend could form a group and meet, say every three months in Brisbane/area to discuss progress, encourage, share ideas etc. Il’l even drive 3 hours to get there!
    If interested post here or PM.

safe as

Profile photo of mikeCmikeC
    @mikec

I am pretty keen to get to one of Steves Master Classes but Im in Perth. I keep checking but as yet there hasnt been one sceduled for this side of the country. Any idea if there will be one??

Mike

Always Ready.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.