All Topics / Value Adding / Villa / Townhouse development in Perth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JVTJVT
    @jvt

Hi All,

Can anyone advise the most cost effective way to build a Town house/ villa development when subdividing suburban blocks?

What I mean is, where do the professional developers go (assuming they are not builders) to decide on designs, layout, etc for the actual dwelling? I am not sure the spec home builders are the best way to go. Would you simply seek an architect, and design yourself? Its just that with ‘costs’ being so critical to the project, you need to make sure your are accessing the most efficient methods to actually build.

What should the expected building cost be for a 3×2 rear block villa, with slightly above market average finish in Perth?

Cheers,

JES

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

I would say that if you were looking for the most ‘cost effective’ way to do this, then use a spec builder. Most of the bigger ones have a ‘special projects’ division to cater for multi unit sites and duplex additions to existing single residential homes.
    The best place to look is in the weekend papers, both Sat and Sun as they have seperate liftout sections with details of many Perth builders.
    Many professional developers end up using a spec builder anyway.
    Either one they have a track record building with in the past, or they might put out a set of plans to tender and select the winner from this process.

As a starting point I would get a surveyor to perform a contour survey of the block. All builders ( & architects) would require this to be able to work out what will fit on the available space.

The building cost for a 3×2 will depend on the size of the building, and whether you are getting them to complete the fitout ( turnkey) or if you arer going to do the finishing yourself.
    The price could range from $95k to $150k.

In addition to the cost of the additional home, you will have subdivision costs and strata fees, which may include having to add carports/upgrading the existing house. This can add up to $15,000 to the cost of the whole project.

kp

Profile photo of JVTJVT
    @jvt

Thanks KP, thats excatly the information I was seeking…sounds like you have some experience in this arena, do you belive given the current ‘boom’ property environment over here that there are any ‘profitable’ opportunities to develop?

JES

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hey KP
    they have started site works on your block. Checked it out last weekend.
    Marisa

(Hard work never killed anyone, buy hey why take a chance)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.