All Topics / General Property / Relocating houses

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Hi

I am interested in relocating a house onto a property in a large regional town in Queensland and am wondering a few things…

-Does Council need to give approval if we remove a derelict home and replace with a renovated house?

-Does anyone have contacts of people wanting to remove old houses? Or sell renovated / structurally sound ones?

-Does anyone have first-hand advice from personal experience?

Thanks

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Me again,

This is my first post and I look forward to hearing from the experienced members on the forum!

This is an inspiring forum!

Thanks

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Mapleleaf

I don’t personally have any experience in this area, but there is a great website based out of Dalby in Qld that might answer some of your questions and seems like a good starting point. It is http://www.dalbyremovalhomes.com.au

Another is based out of Loganholme and is http://www.drakehomes.com.au

Enjoy and Good Luck!

Don’t let life get in the way of living.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Yes I do have experience in relocating a removal house. We moved a house from “Kerry M Ryan Quality House Removals” at Minden. Its a huge job and requires the house to be re-engineered, re-plumbed, -rewired etc. to todays building standards. You must first apply to the local council to move the house and they will send out an inspector to review its condition and the work needed. They then assess a bond that you must pay in cash ($20000 – $40000) to the Council to hold until you finish the house within the 6 month period. That way if you don’t do it properly they’ll use your bond to finish it off. The problem is they hold the cash that you need to renovate with so we had to borrow the extra.
    It took us 12 months to renovate and when finished the house was featured in the Sunday Mail “Homefront”. This kick started our investing career and we made $70k profit which was reinvested into the next project. It was long, hard dirty work but the result was amazing. If you’de like to see photo’s email me at [email protected]
    Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.
    Amanda

AJBS

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mapleleaf

Don’t let other put you off.

I have relocated several homes in regional Qld for Investment and always found that the local Council are happy to assist.

Currently i have 2 relocatable homes being moved to land i have subdivided in Mt Morgan and also one going onto a vacant block at Baldercombe.

Yes admittedly as in any industry there are sharks around but there are also decent companies that provide a great service.

It is all a matter of supply and demand. I recently completed a loan for a client here in Brisbane that was looking to give a good quality house away to anyone who would remove it so their are bargains to be had.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jen1Jen1
    @jen1

Do ensure that your check with the local council, and ask the removal home people about your council too before you do anything. I know that it is near impossible to get my local council (regional NSW) to approve a removal home development – it would be cheaper to build new. Check it out first and ask the council if there have been any previously done in the area.

Good luck [biggrin]
    Jen

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

I will look into Council guidlines as soon as things get rolling again this week after the public holidays.

Any other tips on the hassle of hookups etc associated with these investments?

Mapleleaf

Achieve the Dream!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.