All Topics / Heads Up! / Year #2 Projected Returns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

I’d like to be able to see how a particular property would perform in the second year by being able to crunch mostly the same numbers, but without the original purchase costs and without the initial “renovation” costs, or any other non-recurring costs.
    Can I do this now, or is this on the drawing board ?
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi Tony

ID has a rollover feature; this essentially locks away your figures in a history so you can keep track of your investment.

You can do this just as easily when evaluating a property, just enter each year’s figures and roll them over into past years, just make sure you roll each set of figures into a new year, and then you can compare all the information side by side on the history tab.

Keep in mind that removing the closing costs will not affect the performance figures, and if you have allocated any of these amounts to loan or equity, they cannot be removed as it will change the financed amount.

Even though the closing costs are only applicable in the first year, they will effect the return and equity position over the life of the investment, so these figures should remain to make the calculations accurate.

Regards

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Author of Investment Detective

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.