All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Reasonably Priced Conveyancing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey there Everybody,
    I am seeking advice from experienced investors (or anyone who has tried a few different conveyancers) who have found a reliable,quality and fair priced conveyancer in NSW (sydney if poss!).
    My experience so far has been mainly with solicitors which are fairly expensive to use just for property transfers.
    I would really love to find a conveyancer who understands that we need a good job at a fair price and then i would be really happy to give them repeat business.
    Any ideas are appreciated!
    Thanks alot

Dematio.

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of hiflohiflo
    @hiflo

Hi,

If you are looking for value in conveyancing, you may want to use professional conveyancers.

And if you are selling a property, without any legal issues you are aware of, I would use a conveyancer because they are cheaper than most solicitors. (But only for Torrens Title & Strata Title). For company title or old system title I would definately use a solicitor who has experience in these type of titles as they are completly different and more complex than Torrens Title.(If you are not in NSW I don’t think you would have to worry about it though,,,,)

But if you are purchasing I would advise against using conveyancers unless if it is just transferring title between family members, or you are using them just to save your time for doing the conveyance yourself.

Also, another reason why I wouldn’t use a conveyancer when you are purchasing, is that a solicitor can advise you on which entity to purchase a property because he is at least aware of how CGT, GST will affect different entities and advise you appropriately. If you only intend to purchase one property and keep it as your PPOR you may not need to have a solicitor advise you on such issues. But if you plan to have more than one property then it may be wiser to use a solicitor who can advise you as to what kind of structure is available to purchase a property.

Currently I am working for a sole practitioner as a junior solicitor and trying to learn as much as I can about conveyancing, tax & legal issues because I also want to get involved in property investing in the future and I am writing from my experiences…..

If you have any further questions regarding the price of conveyancing in our practice you can PM me.

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Hi lukie t,

Happy to suggest Southern Conveyancing in Brighton Sydney on 95997500 . They will give you a quote and seem very helpful.
    Good Luck
    Len

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by hiflo:

Hi,

If you are looking for value in conveyancing, you may want to use professional conveyancers.

And if you are selling a property, without any legal issues you are aware of, I would use a conveyancer because they are cheaper than most solicitors. (But only for Torrens Title & Strata Title). For company title or old system title I would definately use a solicitor who has experience in these type of titles as they are completly different and more complex than Torrens Title.(If you are not in NSW I don’t think you would have to worry about it though,,,,)

But if you are purchasing I would advise against using conveyancers unless if it is just transferring title between family members, or you are using them just to save your time for doing the conveyance yourself.

Also, another reason why I wouldn’t use a conveyancer when you are purchasing, is that a solicitor can advise you on which entity to purchase a property because he is at least aware of how CGT, GST will affect different entities and advise you appropriately. If you only intend to purchase one property and keep it as your PPOR you may not need to have a solicitor advise you on such issues. But if you plan to have more than one property then it may be wiser to use a solicitor who can advise you as to what kind of structure is available to purchase a property.

Currently I am working for a sole practitioner as a junior solicitor and trying to learn as much as I can about conveyancing, tax & legal issues because I also want to get involved in property investing in the future and I am writing from my experiences…..

If you have any further questions regarding the price of conveyancing in our practice you can PM me.

Hiflo makes some excellent points there. I too would only use a solicitor.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Thanks so much guys!
    I really appreciate yr help!
    I will check out the leads.This deal is the sale of a commercial shop with no current lease so should be fairly straightforward.

All the best
    Dematio

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.