All Topics / Help Needed! / PM wont accept entry condition report

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Hi guys,

I’ve just moved into a rented house in Qld. and filled out the condition report. I returned it to the agent and they rejected it because I put down more blemishes etc. in the report than they picked up. They’re now saying they’ll have to come and re-do the inspection report and will not accept the report until they’ve re-inspected. They expected me to just sign it as it was and return it.

Usually I’d just tell them to %$#@ OFF, but what should I do and what is my standing?

Thanks in advance…G7

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

I don’t see this as a problem and I would.t worry or get upset. They will need to inspect the property again and go thru yourlist.[chill]

hrm

Profile photo of aussiexjaussiexj
    Participant
    @aussiexj

Yeah, i’d be more bothered if I were the Landlord. It sounds like they are not as thorough as I would like them to be.

AXJ

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

G7,

You’ve been in this game a while now I imagine.

This is all about control, and the PM establishing her control over you as the incoming tenant. Establishing the pecking order if you will.

Them sending you a report they’ve compiled, for you to simply agree and sign – they are on top. With you going through the report with a fine tooth comb and making multiple changes, completely upsets the pecking order she is trying to establish.

They are coming out there again to not re-inspect and write another report, but to re-establish their dominance over you – it has nothing to do with the little nicks and bumps that you are actually discussing, although that’s what it would seem to be on the surface to a casual 3rd party.

I bet they also send out their most junior assistant – such that you have to go through it with them…and if you have any difficulties – you’ll have to approach the big bad nasty PM as a last resort…standard negotiating tactics to get you under control and in your rightful place…at the bottom of the heap.

I’ve found in the past – deal with the “head duck” direct – works wonders as your agreement with them filters or cascades down the organisation unopposed.

Agreed – or complete and utter psycho babble ???

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Dazzling, That was a good analysis!

G7 stick to your guns and don’t sign anything you do not agree upon. You may need it as evidence when you move out,

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

If you have access to a digital camera, I’d suggest you take photos of all the blemishes in dispute. If you send them a copy (email, on disk, whatever)then maybe you won’t have to go through with another inspection, they’ll see they’re wrong. And if not, at least you have photographic evidence if they do become a problem further down the line. And use a timecode feature on the photos so it’s clearly established that it was in this condition at the beginning of tenancy.

Most likely a case of the agent covering their arse. They didn’t do their job properly – just waltzed through and picked up on the obvious, in an out in 5 minutes – and you doing the report properly highlights their sloppiness. Rental agents are generally the most junior staff in an agency, so they probably prefer to make it look like a ‘problem tennant’ than have their boss think they’re doing a bad job.

I have ammended inspection reports in the past, and my agent didn’t have a problem with it – certainly didn’t have to re-do it. I mean, where is the logic here? You’re a phsycic who knows that during the course of your rental you will end up putting a 5mm blemish exactly on that wall? There is no reason why anyone would include fictional blemishes on the report.

Looks more like an agent wanting to do a new report so that if his/her boss checks it it looks neat, tidy and thorough (by the agent, not the tennant).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.