All Topics / Value Adding / The benefits of property developing

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by wilandel:

Hi Michael,

We have just been looking at your website, and WOW, we are impressed.

It is just what we were searching around here for!
    Property development is definitely the way to go in this property market.

We hope to make it to your seminar in June!
    You really have some property “heavy weights” speaking!! [biggrin]

Kind regards,

Will & Del

Thanks for that[blush2]

You are correct. There has never been a lineup of heavyweights like this in Melbourne before.

ALl presenters who are actually doing it, and have done it successfully for years.

We only do this once a year, I look forward to having you as part of the group.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of Greg FGreg F
    @greg-f
    Originally posted by MichaelYardney:
    The simple answer is you have a line of credit on the increased equity in your properties. Then its like having a big credit card – and you draw doen when you need it

Hi Michael
    Because of the quality of your posts I’ve just subscribed to your newsletter, and my wife and I are checking our diaries to see if it works coming to your Brisbane seminar on the advertised date.

Re the LOC I already have one with my reasonably large portfolio. However, my accountant warns me to keep a clear distinction between “Investment” and “Private” expenditure. Am I missing something here, or do I need to get a new accountant? [biggrin][biggrin][blush2][biggrin]

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

Hi Michael
    Because of the quality of your posts I’ve just subscribed to your newsletter, and my wife and I are checking our diaries to see if it works coming to your Brisbane seminar on the advertised date.

Re the LOC I already have one with my reasonably large portfolio. However, my accountant warns me to keep a clear distinction between “Investment” and “Private” expenditure. Am I missing something here, or do I need to get a new accountant? [biggrin][biggrin][blush2][biggrin]

Cheers
    Greg

Thanks for the compliments. I hope you get value from my newsletter and if you do please pass it on to any friends who would benefit.

And I hope you can come to the Brisbane Property Briefing. If you do please come up and say hello.

Your accountant is definately correct.

You must make a distinction between business and personal spending otherwise the tax office may disallow your claims.

BUt lets assume you borrow against your properties and establish a line of credit for $100,000 solely for personal use.

You are allowed to do this, but the interest would not be tax deductible.

That’s the point I was making. It costs you say $7,000 (in interest) to have a nett $93,000 to spend for personal use as opposed to personal exersion income where you pay over 50% in tax.

Now at the end of the year you would need to find more money to pay the interest again for another year, but your properties should have gone up in value once more.

This will be clearly explained as the seminar.

Wouldn’t it be nice to get a tax deduction for the personal items also. That is live and enjoy your life on before tax dollars.

Well you can.[biggrin]

Rich people earn money, live and spend and pay tax on what’s left.

The majority of people earn money, pay tax and live on what’s left and have little left over for investment.

The first group have twice as much money to live on.

How do you do this?

You can, but I really can’t describe it here in this public forum, but it will be the subject of Dale Gatherum-Goss’s presentation at our “Real World” real estate workshop in June
    http://www.metropoleprojects.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?art_id=107

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of MsElvisMsElvis
    @mselvis

Interesting post but I still don’t get it.

You say it costs $7k per annum to get $93k. (This i get).

But…If I earnt $100k i’d pay approx $50k in tax but I’d have $50k to call my own. With the $93k I use for living/investing, it’s is now a debt. $50k to call my own or $93K I owe. Maybe I’m missing the point but what’s the benefit of doing this?

Be gentle I’m just learning [biggrin]

Profile photo of natwayne28707natwayne28707
    @natwayne28707

Hi Michael

Have you ever read a book real estate riches Dolf de Roos (one of Robert Kiyosaki’s friends)

I am sure that he uses a fairly similar property philosophy.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

If you have $93k of expenses and only $50k to call your own you are bankrupt!

The point being made is you can take $50k as cash, or leave it there as $93k cash and a debt of $93k secured against the property. The cashflow from subsequent developments funds the slight negative gearing on the earlier properties. My problem with this whole scenario is that a new building will drop down significantly in value (like a new car) once it has been lived in as you are dealing with a retail product, so you need to consider whether that $93k asset is really worth $93k, or if on the second hand market it will be worth $50k, in which case you may as well pay the tax and run with the cash.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Participant
    @ausprop

I should qualify that last post – if you hold the property for the very long term I think the strategy would work. You just need tobe confident that you have the wil power and the belief that property will contnue to inflate as it has done in recent decades. (specifically the effect of the boomers on the property market)

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

I had the same thoughts John, I have heard this drawing equity plan before and it could work….providing homes do go up every year remembering they did not move in Brisbane and many other places for around 13 years previously.
    Developing is being made to look so easy.
    Should they go down and you are highly leveraged you are sunk, should they level off you will quickly run out of equity, depending on your equity this could be a good way to draw part of your income but imo as Michael and many others do it pays to have income streams, he does that by selling the idea and presenting seminars, some do it by selling books and presenting information at the end of the day I feel there may be a conflict of interest on closer inspection, I may be wrong but it sounds too easy I would be hesitant to follow this strategy as a form of income over a long period of time.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

IMHO Money begets Money and when your into Property Developing you ‘need’ money..

AUSPROP & MICHAEL

There must be ‘many’ traps for novice players when it comes to the developing game and Michaels Seminar sounds ‘great’ (honestly) but…is it for the average investor?

What income level etc would this seminar be applicable for?

I’m sure ‘any’ attendee will pick up great tips from the presentors you have, but how many people will have the resources/funds to put the majority of them into action?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of MikeJacksonMikeJackson
    @mikejackson

I think Michael Yardney’s seminars are a bit of a rip off / scam. He uses them as a vehicle to get peoples money to fund his developments (or project manage as he calls it) and to take a large slice of the pie. The only reason he is on this site is to sell these overpriced seminars. He says he never sells his properties but I bet if you knocked on the door of any of the developments on his web site, he would not be the current owner. Whilst I am sure he is a knowledgable man he seems to only give out small peices of information on the forum and says come to the seminar you will find all the answers, ddid this guy learn from Jamie McIntyre.

Mike

Participant
    @ausprop

speak your mind Mike! [blink]

for the record, IMO I think preoperty will continue to inflate over the long term as I can’t see why it would be “any different this time” – but then again I don’t subscribe to this theory that the world never changes. So theoretically the develop and hold concept SHOULD work.It is just counter to the theory (Buffet I think said it?) that wealth is created by trade? I guess tax are created by trade too!

I am sure Michael will have an interesting reply….

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of colbert1982colbert1982
    Participant
    @colbert1982

Its about time mikejackson said something that everyone has been thinking for a long time… I completely agree that these ‘seminars’ are a waste of money and pitty the people that feel they will benefit from attending.

I to doubt that Michael Yardney would be on this webiste if it did not generate a source of income…

Seriously, think about it before you hand your money over for a advice that commonsense would tell you.

Cheers

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I hope that Steve and David are charging people for advertising their business on this forum.

Opportunist? …

I am a developer also anonst other things in property. I think that any body who attends a weekend seminar and pays over $1,000.00 needs their head read.

Before anybody attends a seminar IMHO they should sit down with an accountant or financial planner and be properly accessed.

The 17-70 theory. have you ever attended a seminar and sat next to 17 or 70 year old and wondered why you are there … think about it!!

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

While I don`t think all seminars are scams I can`t see how they justify what they charge for one, two or three days posturing/lecturing.
    They would have to PAY ME $3000 to sit there for this period of time and listen to so called experts.
    I have been studying R/E for 20 yrs and while not investing heavily till the last few years much of the stuff when thought through is smoke and mirrors, or less than ethical for many and virtually unattainable for most imo.
    If these guys make so much money in R/E why do they run seminars and sell books?, or why charge so much if you are trying to help people, I don`t buy that one.
    You can be rich you can be successful, whether seminars will help you is debatable but one thing is for sure if you think it`s easy to start from nil in R/E and become financially free you are dreaming or being mislead.[buz2]

@wealth4life.com

can’t agree more markpatrick, as soon as i see a seminar or home study course being charged for more than $1,000.00 i know people are being scammed.

why nt get the presenter to personally guarantee the results … Phil

Profile photo of MikeJacksonMikeJackson
    @mikejackson

I was interested to read posts on the somersoft forum about Michael Yardneys services. My advice to those considering using him, his company or attend his seminars is to read this first. Be careful before you sign anything and dont rely on his own self confidence and the ability to talk himself up to make you a dollar.

cheers

Mike

Profile photo of PickworthPickworth
    @pickworth

Resiwealth

I understand that this seminar does, in fact, have a money back guarantee……..and it’s all about your financial education.

‘ You will never go broke taking a profit ‘

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mike,

Relying on *anyone* to make you a dollar is a mistake, in my mind. It’s our money, and we have to take responsibility if something works or it doesn’t. Any person can talk themsemves up- and it is a marketing technique for the seminar presenters to do so- but to allowa salesperson to sell you a prpoduct that is not useful to you, or that doesn’t work out on paper or in practice… well, that’s where one has to stand one one’s own feet to decide. same with the books and any other product.

kay henry

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

I fully agree with the last messages starting from Mike Jackson. If they are that good, they would not do the seminars for $1000+. What a good cash flow? Assuming 100 people on a $3000 (3 days) seminar – $300 000. What other investment (? property) is better than three day talking. I do not dely they may have few small things people do not know. But it does not worth that. I buy and sell and my target is net $100 000. I do not hold them very long – unrealised money is not your valuation.

@wealth4life.com

So Pickworth,

If you do your due-diligence on them correctly and ask them to disclose the content before you attend the one would not have to ask for a refund!!!!!!!!!!!

Go figure … there are more q&a here that at a $3,000.00 seminar

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.