All Topics / Finance / Finance Possibilities: Partner equity / my income

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Apples81Apples81
    Participant
    @apples81

Hi all,

I was wondering about finance for an investment partnership. My partner has about $70K in equity that they are prepared to put up as deposit/s for IPs and I have about $300/wk in unused income. The problem is I have only recently started my job. What are the chances of getting finance and how much could we expect to get in this situation assuming that we are buying properties that in large part (hopefully totally) pay for themselves, with my income used just a cover in the event of vacancy.

Thanks in advance,
    Apples.

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Apples,

One thing to consider if applying for a loan with a business partner is that the lender will look at you each individually when determnining servicability.

Having a new job is not necessarily going to effect you, it depends on whether you have previously worked and also whether your savings are genuine. Even if you do not qualify for a noremal loan, if you have a decent deposit, there are lo-doc loans around with very good rates

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Apples,

Impossible to give specific guidance without asking further questions.

On the surface none of these things alone should stop your plans.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Interest Free Home Loan Agent
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Please email me rather than using the PM service here.

Fully Accredited With Derivex LTD and IFHL PTY LTD

***Ask about our Interest Free Home Loan***

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes it could work if you buy jointly – but I agree with the otheres, not enough details.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.