All Topics / Finance / Finance while in new job

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of happychichappychic
    @happychic

Hi all

This is my first forum post [blush2] although I’ve been reading posts for a while now.

My question is about financing a new property when I know I don’t meet the normal lending criteria.

We have 3 investment properties – these plus our PPR seemed to have taken us to the absolute limits of our borrowing capacity.

Now we are selling one of the IPs – it settles on Monday. This will free some money for a deposit for our next property and wipe out a $50K debt.

I’ve seen a property I’d like to make an offer on that is in the same price range of the one we are selling but my problem is that one week ago I started a new job.

I’m still working for my old employer 8 hours a week after hours, and the new job pays loads more than my old job…BUT I’ve only been there a week!

Are there any lenders that would look at us at the moment, or will I basically have to put our next IP on hold until I have been in my job for 6 months?

Any ideas on how we could finance this property would be much appreciated [biggrin]

Sarah

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

as your with the same employer your ’employment continuity’ should override the ‘internal shuffle’ so long as you don’t have a probation period attached to the new position.

borrowing capacity varies substantially over different lenders, if you haven’t investigated this factor thru a good broker, please consider doing so – you may have more available options then you initially think.

will the new purchase be mortgage insured?

cheers

brahms
    [email protected]
    Brisbane

Profile photo of happychichappychic
    @happychic

Hi brahms

No, we shouldn’t need to get the new property mortgage insured.

My new job is a six month contract, so while there’s no probationary period, there’s no real gaurantee of continuity after that.

Our mortgage broker is having a baby pretty much as we speak, but I will definitely contact someone else in that game and talk it through with them.

Thanks [biggrin]

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

please stick with your existing broker – they will be able to discuss – they have your ‘file’ afer all.

a good broker with a solid panel of lenders will meet most if not all requirements.

cheers

brahms
    [email protected]
    Brisbane

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

it will be very hard if you only have a 6 month contract. Could you ‘go back’ to your old employer full time for a while?

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.