All Topics / Help Needed! / Need Finance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Hi everyone,

A long winded message but here goes. I have found two properties that I believe are diamonds in the rough, and wil return a healthy reward if I can grab hold of them both. The problem is I can afford one property no problems at all but to purchase two is realy starting to stretch the budget as far as cash supply goes, which is a bit worrying in todays economic climate. I worked out that I will need approximately $48 000 for deposits and closing costs to achieve my goal.

I am aware of some of Steves techniques such as wrapping and second mortgages but frankly they are a bit beyond me as I a am only new to the investing scene.

If I carry out some minor renovations (turn two bedrooms and two sleepouts into four bedrooms by moving one wall) on one property I am certain that it will increase the value of it and thought that maybe I could borrow against the equity.

Although the contracts haven’t been finalised yet I have negotiated early access to both properties on 60 day settlements.

I feel I am really onto a good thing with these properties, so if anyone can anyone suggest some options or explain some of steves ideas in some basic terms I would really appreciate it?

Thanks,

Ian [smiling]

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Ian,

If the deposit is your problem, valuers will give you a valuation based on the finished product if you can supply them with firm information on plans, materials to be used and costs. You can use this to negotiate with your lender.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Thanks Alistair,

I haven’t heard about that before so I shall give it a try with the bank manger this afternoon.

Thanks again,

Ian

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi

Valuers may be able to give you valuations on the end product, but it is very unlikely that a major lender would lend on these figures (unless lower than the contract price).

Have your considered 95% LVR loans to stetch your cash further?

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @ambo72_2

Hi Terry,

Yes I have considered a higher LVR but I would rather avoid it.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Ian,

You can definately use a valuation as I described, with many of the major lenders. There are strict criteria that you have to follow. If you require any assistance email me at [email protected] and I give you some assistance.

Regards
    Alistair

Participant
    @ambo72_2

Hi Alistair,

Might take you up on that offer. I’m off to see the bank manager now. Will let you know.

Cheers,

Ian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.