All Topics / General Property / Telemarketing & Home Consultants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hi … I am wondering how many prople are still being marketed be telemarketing companies, followed up by a home visit to sell investment properties.

Also, how do you feel about that as I hear that the ASIC is getting tough on telesales companies.

Regards Phil

Profile photo of SpankySpanky
    @spanky

Or maybe we could hear from someone who has/does work in one of these telemarketing call centres for one of these companies and some of the strategies they use. i.e. what they don’t tell you about what they are trying to sell you.

Age doesn’t negate effort – you can never be too young or too old.

Profile photo of clintdbclintdb
    Participant
    @clintdb

Here’s a great tip that I have employed quite effectively in the past.

I try not to be rude when someone interrupts my down time at home – they are just trying to earn a living and I did answer the phone after all.

But…. if they continue to try to pester me after I say I am not interested then, rather than hang up, I ask them if they could just hold on a second.

I then put the phone down on the desk and go about my business – making dinner, watching TV, reading a book, whatever.

I don’t usually get a call back from that company again. [biggrin]

Clint

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I usually sound interested for 30 seconds then i ask them the tough questions and go on for about 5 mins. My wife hates it when i do that. They usually cant wait to get off the phone. Its been ages since they have called me.

Thats how i protest them calling me.

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Of course you could try the Seinfield approach:

– Look, I am in the middle of something, could you give me your home phone so that I can call you at your home later?

– No I don’t give my home phone out, I dont get business calls at home.

– Ah you don’t? Now you know how I feel!!

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.