All Topics / Help Needed! / refinance or realise gain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

I am fairly new to property investment and am 34 yrs old have two inv properties in New Zealand in larger regional towns/city, have followed a 11% gross rental yield as my framework for investing, now wish to be more aggresive with the equity i have generated, and am weighing up whether to sell property one or refinance on it. currently have positive cashflow on both, but dont wish to overextend with rising interest rate and declining capital gains climate

property 1

purchase price $87500 2 years ago
    current rental $170 pw
    current valuation $130000
    no debt outstanding

Property 2

Purchase price $70000 bought 2 months ago
    current rental $130 pw
    debt $55000

your thoughts

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

if you sell you will give a lot of your capital gains to the government as tax.
    not so if you use equity to borrow for more properties.

Just work out how close to the wire you want to gear yourself.

Cashflow positive properties on fixed interest loans would negate most of the limiting concerns you put forward.

But you will have to look at all the aspects of your life family, your income, your GOALS (VIP), your stress levels (SANF),

[:D]

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

no cpaital gains tax at the moment on property in NZ i am tax resident in the UK so shoudl avoid this,

good call on the fixed interest deals currently they look attractive and limit your unknown risk to vacant tenants

hey nah

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

If you think the growth has finished, it may still be better to keep it because of the yield, but if you think values could decline, maybe better to sell and buy elsewhere, or ivnest in a different area.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.