All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Selling renovated house whit no building insurance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Does anyone know what are the problems associated with selling a house renovated as an owner builder whithout building insurance? (NSW)

Having done some enquiries, I feel that I am placing a noose around my neck and hoping no one will pull the rope, since such insurance is for the buyer and there is no insurance to cover me. Furthermore the insurance company will be prompt to pay claims and then recover from me because they want equity in order to provide insurance.
    This is medioeval feudalism and I refuse to participate.

So I decided not to insure and sell with a clause that says, Sorry no building insurance avaialble, you buy as it is.

Have you done it?, what can be the problem?.
    My solicitor says it can be done but is not too forthcoming with the risks associated with it.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Not sure if this is relevant or not,but last house i sold had a clause in the contract with a few questions in it asking that i disclose any info about works done on the place,was it insured,was work done by qualified builder,etc.It then stated if i falsely answered,I could be in trouble.(ie;new buyer could take legal action.)
    So,you can either risk it & lie,& hope like hell nothing ever comes of it.Or tell the truth & expect that potential buyers will be wary of why you wont insure it.They will then probably expect it cheaper as a result.Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.