All Topics / General Property / INVESTING Q and A

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hi everyone,

I was reading the financial review and thought these questions would be great to put to everyone in the forum and i invite everyone to complete them.

I look forward to any responses from the diverse group of investors we have herein

What was your first investment?

What are your investment goals?

What’s the best investment decision you ever made?

What’s the worst investment decision you ever made?

Whats the biggest investment risk you’ve ever taken and did it pay off?

What advice would you give to an investor who is starting out?

How do you react when things get rocky?

What would you ‘never’ do with your money?

Where do you source most of your investment information/reasearch?

How do you feel about investing overseas?

What 5 of your investing is
    Property?
    Shares?
    Other?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

22 reads and no answers..
    some people i guess are happy to look but not assist, so..

What was your first investment

Seashells then an IP :)

blue]What are your investment goals

To achieve a ‘balance’ of investments across a broad range and achieve a reliable yet steady income that progressivelly increases. Looking forward to purchasing some shares again (with a little more knowledge gained lately) and awaiting the time to purchaseanother IP.

[What’s the best investment decision you ever made?
    Reading Noel Whittakers books many years ago and then Jan Sommers.

[What’s the worst investment decision you ever made?
    Not acting sooner and selling some IP’s, i’ve realised i’m a buy and hold kinda guy.

Selling some stocks i had accumalted over time, sold for a profit of approx $3’500, bought a piece of Land from DOLA and sold it to Homeswest 3 months later for a profit of $15’000.00 after costs.

Ask lots of questions, it’s suprising how many people out there are ‘into’ real estate and have a lot of knowledge..you may know someone without knowing it.
    And dont get older without getting wiser.
    Make haste slowly.

With confidence in not having ‘overstretched myself and having contingency funds.

Buy a race horse, however in saying that, Lloyd Williams made 10,426% return on “Reset” the horse he sold for $20M in April (courtesy of BRW)

Where do you source most of your investment information/research?
    The internet, magazines and fellow investors, sort it all apply what i’m comfortable with and discard the rest.

Not comfortable at this stage in my journey

What % of your investing is
    Property?
    Shares?
    Other?[/blue]

90% Property
    10% Other
    Gee i need some balance..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston
    Originally posted by redwing:

Hi everyone,

I was reading the financial review and thought these questions would be great to put to everyone in the forum and i invite everyone to complete them.

I look forward to any responses from the diverse group of investors we have herein

What was your first investment? 2 bed townhouse
    What are your investment goals? Initially we had set a goal of 5 properties in 5 years, so far we have bought 3 in 1 year, want to be financially independant by age 55, 47 now.
    What’s the best investment decision you ever made? At the moment i reckon it was the decision to start property investing .
    What’s the worst investment decision you ever made? hopefully we haven’t made that yet.
    Whats the biggest investment risk you’ve ever taken and did it pay off? hasn’t happened yet as far as i know.
    What advice would you give to an investor who is starting out? Do heaps of research and read plenty of books about property investing, attend as many free or cheap seminars as possible.How do you react when things get rocky? Again hasn’t happened yet.
    What would you ‘never’ do with your money? Hmmmm, where do you want me to start, i suppose gambling would be at the top of the list.
    Where do you source most of your investment information/reasearch? Various books, magazines, seminars, forums like this, regular investing club meeting and networking at same.How do you feel about investing overseas? We would possibly invest in NZ.

What 5 of your investing is
    Property? all our investing is in property at the moment.Shares?
    Other?

REDWING

Life is a series of new beginnings

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Guys,

Originally posted by redwing:

dollarmite bank account + for some particular reason, at age 11-13 i got into stamp collecting, and seriously kept buying and collecting as many stamps in the old Australian Currency, i still have those albums, but a rare few, of those stamps, are stamps that are issued as a state of queensland or new south wales, before the stamps were uniformed as australia as a whole.

Market capitalisation, and to be like Donald Trump/Warren Buffet (if one day possible)

Honestly dropping out of uni, and spending the effort and time, to learn and absorb the knowledge and mind set of a capitalist.

Studying at Russo Insitute of Technology (Sarina Russo), this was before studying at Uni, they took 2 years of my life away and the many dollars spent on the education, they guarnateed me a job after completeing my studies and still waiting. Still No Job

Moving from Brisbane to Sydney, after Russo Insitute, screwed me with their job guarantee, and the lost of money towards that education, gave up and moved to sydney, drove down by car, had around $80.00 left by the time arrived in sydney… worked 2 jobs, 7 days a week for many, many, many months…

this was a totally fresh start all over again, but instead did things my way, in my control, and pursued my investment dreams and ideas.

lol.. dont go to Russo Insitute of Technology (but in the lesson of being ripped off and burnt by them, be careful, who you give your money too…)

and dont ever say I Can’t Do It, But How Can I?

I hedge and offset, both my shares position and property portfolio

Hedge * Shares/Options
    Offset * Property (Offset Gearing)

Diversification, and the knowledge of what risks are involve, and what ways the risks can be controlled, mitigated and offsetted

i dont know? not sure…

hmm.. thats giving to much away…

love it, theres more exposure…

What % of your investing is ?

In the following, but it varies and flutuates..

Sis Pty Ltd..
    Property..
    Shares/Derivatives..
    Stamps..
    Cash..
    Other..

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Thanks guys some great responses..

[whip]Any others?

REDWING

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

-> Coins (Mint – should of gone with Gold/Silver).

-> Well they were retirement. Now, I guess I just like the challenge.

-> To decide to invest. And to keep investing.

-> A shop (but it was a good learning experience and cemented a good friendship!)

-> Saying yes to buying multiple properties and not having a deposit. But they were a good deal and found someone to go in with (it’s still paying off [biggrin]).

-> Many people think it’s the needing to know the technique or the proper company structure, etc but in reality the most important thing to do is to take action, most people only fail in the take action part, but unfortunately it’s the most important part.

-> I have friends and advisors who have an expectation of me to be successful, so I try and work out how I’m reacting and wether it is appropriate. I also talk to them when I feel worried.

-> ‘Invest’ in a Nigerian email scam.

-> Well I read alot (newspapers for general economy; Books and audio for wealth concepts; And I like using advisors too (mortgage and lawyers).

-> I’m sure I’ll do it. Looking at how easy it can be to find CF+ prop overseas (US, NZ) I’m sure I’ll invest there. Also I’m looking at China (or a bit longer term India) with a billion people I think 3/1 houses will be in demand in the future!

What % of your investing is
    Property?
    Shares?
    Other?
    -> Mainly in property (90%), I’ll probably get into trading but right now I’m enjoying retirement.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.