All Topics / Help Needed! / First home owners grant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions for the savvy investors out there. Firstly, I have heard that the FHOG has been increased to $12000. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Secondly, my partner and I are getting married next year. I have a part share in a house but she does not own any property. Would she still be elligable for the FHOG and if so, would that stop us from investing in other properties once the grant was received?

Thanks,

Ian

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

FHOG is $12 000 in Vic. 7k from federal gov, 5k from state upto a certain amount though, I think it’s $250k and then it phases out.
    If you bought a house in joint names, then no, she would not be eligible for the grant.
    Grant or no grant, you can invest in as many properties as you like. Hope this helps…G7

Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Thanks G7,

That helps, so if she bought a house in her name then that would be O.K. Does anyone know what the value of the FHOG is in QLD?

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Just something additional if it applies to you. If serviceability is an issue for the loan, which it was in our case, you can have the property in your partners name, the debt in joint names and still be eligible for the FHOG.

I had had proprty before, my partner hadn’t and we still got the grant which was helpful, and legal as well!

Profile photo of MigMig
    @mig

The FHOG in Queensland is $7,000.

Profile photo of HugoHugo
    @hugo

Have many people done this?

jhopper are you sure this is legal?

Just something additional if it applies to you. If serviceability is an issue for the loan, which it was in our case, you can have the property in your partners name, the debt in joint names and still be eligible for the FHOG.

I had had proprty before, my partner hadn’t and we still got the grant which was helpful, and legal as well!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.