All Topics / Finance / question about finance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of uncivilizeduncivilized
    @uncivilized

Hello

I have a question which I need a answer.

Say you purchase a property for $100000 financing the purchase using a 95% loan and paying for mortgage insurance.

You then get the property re-valued 12 months later. The new valuation of the property is $115000.

Is it posible to use the extra $15000 in equity as a 5% deposit / security on a property worth $300000 and obtain finance for the rest of the 95% value of the property ? ( I would assume if this is possible you would also need to pay for mortgage insurance again. Also I do understand you would need extra funds to pay for stamp duty, legals, extra.)

Hope the question isn’t to stupid.
    Thanks for your help

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

This is pretty well the case.

The additional equity can be used towards the next property and fees such as LMI and SD still need to be paid – depending on the numbers of course.

Some lenders will allow you to add LMI to the loan above the 95% LVR.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Another thing is your have to check your serviceability also before buying another property.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]

NZ loans and pre approval from 7.99%

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Uncivilized,

Depending on the lender you borrowed 95% you may not be able to borrow 95% again, they may limit you to 90% for example.

Also I doubt you will be able to have a 95% lend with bank A (existing lender) and 95% with this same bank for investment (highly unlikely)… I think even Bank B (new lender at 95%) may turn you away if they use the same mortgage insurer as Bank A.

So be careful on this if Bank A won’t do two 95% deals, then make sure Bank B has a different Mortgage Insurer. This will be PMI or GE. Bankwest also uses a unique mortgage insurer which is like an offsider to PMI so they may be good too.

Good luck.

Lizzy

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

ANZ is good with 95% loans (with the LMI added on top). They do multiple 95% loans, even on investment properties – I obtained 6 myself at 95%.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.