All Topics / Heads Up! / “The Investors Club” founded by Kevin Young

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of JoeCoolJoeCool
    @joecool

I would like to get some feedback, positive or negative from people that have dealt with this company. I keep getting the newsletter and have considered buying prop with them. Any comments ?

Profile photo of grega21360grega21360
    @grega21360

Do your homework very thoroughly on the values.
    There are several levels of commissions on each sale.
    Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

JoeCool,

From recollection, Derek has had some involvement with the Investors’ Club.

kay henry

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I too keep getting the newsletters. I like to read them.

However I am dubious about the prices and quality of these properties and reckon its better to buy your own than through a marketing/marketer ‘club’ like them.

I know they focus on Qld. But if your really keen on Qld go there and buy your own.

Me – I agree with all the stuff in the newsletter, but I buy my own properties in Melbourne.

Profile photo of JoeCoolJoeCool
    @joecool

Thanks for the feedback.

I too have my doubts about the prices and in particular the fact that they are fixed. Quality is usually not an issue because most of the stuff they are flogging is new developments etc, but I thing they are more then fully priced and definetly not cash flow positive at least not the once I have seen on there stock list.

Thanks again and keep em coming.

Cheers

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi All,

Note disclaimer applies so you can choose ‘to believe it or not’ with my comments.

My experience with TIC is very different – the wife and I are considerably better placed from a financial position through the growth in vlaue of our properties but probably more importantly we now are more focussed in our aspirations and plans.

Coincidentally the finance advisor I first consulted four years ago about the value of property investment rang yesterday to see if he could do a ‘review’ for me – only cost $200.

I reminded him of our previous conversation and asked what would be my financial status if I had started investing with him at that time. He did some number crunching and gave me an answer. I then explained to him that he had previously told me that property investment was not a good idea and when I gave him my net worth position now (through property) the silence at the other end of the phone was deafening.

Notwithstanding Gatsby’s experience as that set of circumstances is not appropriate under any circumstances – there are a couple of matters that do need to be clarified.

There is no pressure to ‘sell aggressively’ in fact the opposite is the case and I quote from the agreement we sign; ‘you must not put pressure on your members to purchase’ and a little later it clearly stipulates we are ‘not salespeople’ – the constant message is that we, as support members, are first and foremost there to assist and guide people. I, for one (and I wouldn’t be alone either), would be out the door if this philosophy were ever to change.

I can reassure Gatsby and others that there are a number of steps involved in assisting people through to, and after, settlement that involves considerable action on a Support Members and Branch Managers part. Good systems are required to ensure the ~15 events take place in a timely manner and as an SM I am regularly on the phone and/or email to solicitors, brokers, researchers, property managers, strata managers etc either directly or indirectly to ensure timelines are met by all parties. Without these systems in place your capacity to work effectively for members is compromised and can lead to the scenario you were faced with.

To address Joe’s comments – positively geared is certainly not the investment belief of the Club so if that is what you are seeking I suggest looking elsewhere. Having said that in the not too distant past cashflow positive (with depreciation deductions) was achievable as recently as last year – things are a little more difficult at the moment because of the various positions currently before us in the interest rate, capital growth and rental return cycles.

As I said ‘believe it or not’

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I think it is best to go on your own, but if you can’t or don’t want to, the The Investment Club is one of the better places to go thru.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of onemilliononemillion
    @onemillion

Hi All,

My very first reply to the forum. I am always interested in new investment ideas and strategies. Being new to investing in property I have just purchased a property through the TIC. I have bought a house and land package north of brisbane which is nearly completed, ready for my first tenant. The club and SM’s have been very helpful through the whole process of setting things up, and helping me with arranging finances etc.. I am aware that there commision is 6% of purchase price and do agree that this does sound quite generous. I decided to go with them the first time, and use this to gain experience with investing. I have started to read Steve’s book which I got for xmas, which I find very interesting and easy to read. Maybe next time I will do all the leg work myself, who knows, i could even be +ve geared or positive cash flow, I am not too sure of the difference. I do know one thing, I will be doing my research even more thoroughly next time.

stewart

SMH

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I keep getting TIC newsletter, which is a great read. I alway believe that if you starting out, then going through the TIC is the way to go because you will gain experience and knowledge through the very first purchase.

Once you gain understanding of the process then you might consider going alone and do your due diligence.

Kind Regards

JetDollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Agree with the above, if you do a search on this forum you may find one or two bad experiences with TIC, but as a rule most are positive.

I still haven’t attended a meeting due to work commitments, but am looking forward to doing so, like Jet$ i recieve the newsletter and find it informative.

I also have a great deal of respect for Dereks advice and postings.

Regards

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

I use them as a reference point. They do a lot of research and have found lots of great growth areas. Sometimes they even value add when you buy a place through them, such as fully furnished rental property etc.

I believe they do have your best interest at heart and the support members I deal with are nothing more than respectable and honourable in my experience.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

We’ve had good feedback over the years from clients who have been part of TIC. We’ve also done some jobs for their members.
    They have lots of meetings all over the place and I think it’s always useful for investors to get together with other investors and swap ideas whether it’s in person or in an internet forum.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

Byronent have you actually bought through the Investors Club or have you just been able to source there research into areas.

regards
    alf

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.