All Topics / Legal & Accounting / lanlord insurance ….is there such a thing???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of ridiridi
    @ridi

Hi Investers,

Do’s anyone know whether landlord insurance axist as every time a ask a so called professional they give me a grey answer[rolleyesanim]
    Property educator Hans Jakobi said there is. Apparantly you can claim tenant damage and loss of rent due to vacencies which is appealing … please shed some light on this one for me sombody

[cap]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

try this mob, they are very good.
    just give them a call and ask all the questions you wont. they dont mind

http://www.rentcover.com.au/

cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

You can try http://www.cgu.com.au

Personally I am surprised you have not heard of it from your lender.

When I get my loans from the bank, they never fail to offer me their other products as well like LL ins, free Financial planning, etc.

Guess your loan officer must be feeling lazy during your loan proces .. [suave3]

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Hi ridi,

we have landlord insurance with Hollard Insurance

www.hollard.com
    ph 1300360190

If you rang them they should be able to give you a quote over the phone.

Matt

Profile photo of ridiridi
    @ridi

Thankyou very much Matt,bennido and shaun for your responce I’m going to get intouch with all of those company’s…………Fantastic

[red]bennido my very first investment loan(for two property’s I say proudly)
    have to be signed in with the bank tommorow (hopefully) so they havent yet bombarded me with this info …..but it will be interesting to see whether they treat me as professionally as they treated you…………..which bank ? [lmao]
    you might ask well if there service is sh…
    I’ll let you know

Profile photo of neil91255neil91255
    @neil91255
    Originally posted by MJT:

Hi ridi,

we have landlord insurance with Hollard Insurance

www.hollard.com
    ph 1300360190

If you rang them they should be able to give you a quote over the phone.

Matt

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

There must be at least a dozen providers of landlord insurance.
    I know some will not insure a property if it is not managed by a property manager.

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Ask lots of questions like with the excess, how is it calculated etc. We have jsut put in a claim and becaseu the police don’t consider it “malicious”, the insurance ocmpany therefore take it as accidential even though there’s 3 broken windows, fire damamge on the floor on one room, hole in two walls at opposite ends of the house etc. HAve put in the claim and they are saying there will be an excess for each accidnetial incident. How do you prove what’s done as one incident and what was done over two, three or four. They suggested an excess per room, whihc isn’t very impressive as that would be an excess of $2,800. Still saying that, we’ll still be a lot better off with the insurance then if we hadn’t had it all. Also check if cleannig is covered, as the insurance company we are with state that cleaning comes out of the bond and isn’t covered. Out cleaning bill is curenlty $1700 (including fumigation as cockraoche infested), bond is $700, therefore we’re $1000 out of pocket there.

So, ask lots of questions as we didn’t realise the accidential damage bit would be per incidence and not per claim.

Like i said, we’re still better off from having the insurance as we’d be even more out of pocket otherwise, so glad we do have it, but I’ll be asking more questions of other companies in the future to try and find a better one.

However, it may be that this is standard.

Hope this helps.
    PK

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

We use Elders Insurance and they can cover damage by tenant and rent default along with the usual building & contents.

AJBS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.